Five

Now here i was sitted across the man. I can not see him. The gentle rocking of the carriage was enough to tell me that it was an expensive one because i could not feel the bumps. 

there was an awkward silence or a comfortable silence. I don't know what the atmosphere was but i knew for sure was that his gaze was on me.

I couldn't even look outside the window but having my eyes covered was a benefit. 

I cleared my throat. "word has it that you are a self made?" 

A silence met my question before his voice replied, his timber voice filling the couch and sending a shiver yet again through my body. His voice was a deep timber that made your bones feel it. 

"i never understand how people are astounded by that."

"mainly because self made means they put their hardwork into it and finally prevailed and since wealthy men often inherit and hardly work for it. So you should feel honored."

I could hear his clothes rustle and a gruff sound. "i worked hard. Yes. My effort paid of but i won't say that some of it was done through honest work."

aaaand it was only a man with such confidence in himself that admits to such a thing. to admit that his wealth was not all because he was true and honest with all his work.

"you do not confess that to just anyone, do you.?"

A deep chuckle met my statement. "no." 

            ONce again we were met by a silence but this time it was comfortable. 

I was lost in thought that i gasped in shock when his hand touched mine and he ran his hands through mine and i could feel the contrast. Not that there was any contrast anymore . My hands hardened with the nine years and his were...i turned my hands and let my hand scan his. He had slashes in his hand. They were hard and strong. 

"i am married."

....

of course he was. 

I took a deep breath and withdrew my hands from his. 

i heard him sigh frustrated. "i will send for a doctor once we arrive. I hate not knowing what it is your thinking. removing your bandage is better to tell what it is your thinking."

and i was glad that he could not. 

He was married. "is...will she be there , where you're taking me."

"...yes."

I sucked in a breath . "what?...are you mad?" 

"she wil not be bothered."

"oh! i am sure she will. Which woman will be pleased when their husband brings another woman into their home!! i ..." i am in this situation because i didn't want that situation. Let alone my sister.

My hands clenched. Taking a deep breath. 

"she has another man. We made an agreement of the sorts."

of the sorts. Dear heavens. What have i gotten myself into. Now i wish i could rip the bandage of and see what he thought. 

"an arrangement. Does she bring her lover to your household?" I asked and a silence met before he spoke. "she wouldn't dare."

I nodded. I had no place to complain. He was helping me. Who was i to complain about the situation?

Nodding again. "thank you." what else could i say. His took my hand again and i sat immobile. 

I was truly a hypocrite. I ran away for the very same reason. Had i sank so low and for that moment i became embarrassed. 

                 Soon his hand had left mine and i wanted to crawl into a ball but i held it in and refused to let him know how this matter affected me. I didn't care whether he was a criminal and that he was married but to be in the same house as his wife...

It seemed like forever as we made the journey. None of us spoke to each other and i prefered it that way. I did not want to get attached in anyway that i feel i am already are.

Lock my emotions. Lock my emotions. 

He saved me. He saved me and all i have to do is...please him. 

Did he travel all this way to go this one tavern? and suddenly the carriage lurched into a halt and i instinctively held out my hand to the side to brace my self from falling. 

I heard him mutter a curse before the carriage swayed slightly and a warm air hit me making me aware the door had been opened. "give me your hand." he spoke and i held out my hand to his and the hand that was getting familiar gently curving around my hand and slightly pulled me towards him and his hands suddenly seized my waist and i was airborne before i felt the ground under my feet. 

Stumbling and grabbed something to right myself.  

"easy there." he said and again a shiver ran through me and backed away when i heard the soft voice call out to him. 

"...you are back." 

i did not even know where it came from, so i stood there frozen waiting and he spoke. "yes. Wife." 

Wife. 

And Of course she would meet his wife the very fast thing. 

"this is Rosy. She will be staying with us from now on." He said and i almost laughed at the absurdity of the situation. 

It was like bringing a child home and waiting for the wife to embrace a child that's not hers and in my case i was not but a whore brought to please her husband. 

I cursed my self . I was a noble born turned Whore . Despite the situations that led me to this point, i should not look down on myself and think myself other wise. I should be proud of the fact that i made it. I survived nightmares most women would unable to. 

and i am here...

I do not have to stoop so low to forcing myself to have the mentality of a whore just because i am a whore and i paused. What was in the world was i thinking about. 

"...Rosy...Rosy..." When the hand on my arm pulled me out of stupor and i lifted my head. 

"stay here with me. Don't go drifting of." He spoke and i mused. Well i will be doing a lot of that. I am an airhead sometimes. 

Nodding anyway. 

"you are lovely despite the bandages." Her voice came making me aware she was infront of me and i was frozen. Should i smile, curtsy...bow?...

"it's an..." honor. I  couldn't say that could I?

"thank you, my...Mrs. Thornwicke." 

Bury me six feet under now. Please. 

"your welcome. So you are the one he has chosen. I wouldn't have guessed him to choose ...but then again you are both scarred, so you are as well suited for him."

"i wasn't scared when i met him." i said before i could stop them. 

Rosy shut your trap. I could here Lottie snap at me. 

and scarred...i was a walking mummy with the clothes wrapped in various places on my body. He wasn't with us, i became aware. I couldn't scent him. Now i was a dog. 

"he has gone to order someone to get a physician. Come with me, i'll show...lead you to the chamber you'll be using." And my hand was yet again in someone hands and they were rough but slender and laid my hands on my arm and tugged me to follow. 

She would tell me of uplifted paths would she?

Oh heavens. What in the world have i gotten myself into?