three...

My heart right then was not as calm as it has been. 

I stood there frozen before i remembered who i was. What i was. I had no right to suddenly feel ashamed or have the right to be modest. A Tavern wench is what i am. 

I served men and at night the wealthiest men who could afford us would see to it without the constable to be involved and in this case the constable had Henry in his pockets so that he can keep the establishment running.

Yet surprisingly it was not shame that i felt. It was never shame. I would prefer lying with a man than the man pinning me down and have his way with me. Room Number 8 were for the men who never took charge once inside the bedroom and i came to appreciate been the one holding the ropes. 

It reminded me of bad memories. 

Memories of my innocence been snatched away so painfully. 

Yet here. Here i am at a territory that i have never graced. He is definitely a man who held the ropes and it scared me yet excited me. 

"and i thought you changed your mind." I said and moved into the darkness. Only one candle was lit. Madame Wendy was something else when it came to candles. 

The room was dark and it would have been hard to place where he was but he had spoke and i knew he was beside the bed. 

This was not my room. Serena's room. Her belongings were right here and i did not feel calm at all. 

"perhaps we should move this to my chamber. I do not feel so calm been here."

A silence filled the chamber before i saw his figure rise and my eyes widened when i saw how tall he was. "lead the way." he said. 

I took a deep breath turning around and out of the door to meet Serena. If looks could kill. I'd be lying in a pool of my blood. Of course Henry was still lurking. His head jerked up, in shock. 

"alre..." he stopped talking when he looked behind me, his eyes widened and sealed his lips. I walked past them to my chamber. He was following. Candles were lit in the large corridor and led the path, i felt him follow. 

I know he is behind me, I can feel his gaze burning my back and through the thin muslin gown i had adorned. 

Walking inside and knew Mr. Caster had already left. He would be crushed. His a man of low self esteem and deeply hoped he find a woman who would look past his scars. 

I turned to welcome the man in and talking about scars. Half of his face was scared and i felt my breath hitch. He turned and it reminded me of a predator because he moved with his whole body and looked down at me and i saw the other side of his face and felt pity which i am sure that he does not want. 

He must have been a beautiful man. Now he just resembled a beautiful scarred devilish man. With his dark hair falling around his face disheveled.  His sharp jaw line and smoldering eyes, that i could not tell the color due to little light. Lips. He had full lips, those that promised you all things unimaginable.

I tilted my head. "come in." with a smile, as i held the door opene for him.

He stared at me and i felt my face flush and ducked my head. He walked past me and i stepped in closing the door. 

"next time do not adorn the scented oil you have know. You smell common."

How was i to react to that?

I scratched the back of my neck suddenly feeling odd. He turned fully to me after scanning my small room. "this is small."

"it comes with the skills you can provide. The smaller means the lesser skilled. I apologize if i do not meet your needs."