four

He was right here in the room with me. I did not need to look to know he was here. I twiddled with my thumb. Where was lottie?

I knew he was in the room, because the mood of the room had shifted and his scent. I did not know how much i had missed his scent until i could smell it again. 

I took a deep breath. "you shouldn't be here, my lord."

"i am not a lord." his voice just made me want to groan with a yes. His voice was so deep. I couldn't help but smile. "sir."

"not a sir either."

"Mr?" 

"you can address me as Mr. Thornwicke." 

How fitting. 

"how did you know it was i?"

I sighed. "your scent. I ...your scent is really...something else." 

i heard footsteps outside and heard lottie talk to herself. "rosy can you believe this bastards. they used the chamber pot to clean the pigs shit." 

She was outside and then she walked in and the room descended into a silence .

Lottie's silence filled the room and I didn't know what to do. 

"my lord is there anything that you need? You shouldn't be here." Lottie spoke and i didn't know what transpired in the span of silence because i heard footsteps shuffling and soon it was silent. I licked my dry lips and inhaled and knew he was still in the room. 

"lottie?" She called.

"she left."

"why?" i asked.

"what happened to you?" 

I shrugged. "cowards who use their fists." i said and i did not like been unable to see his reaction. I did not recall his face only the memory of the scar and the beautiful one night. 

another silence descended. I went to open my mouth but nothing came out. Clearing my throat. "you really shouldn't be here. I am sure you will find someone else to satisfy your needs, i am otherwise...incapable...as you can see."

"yes." he agreed and i ignored the ache. Dear Heavens. I am not allowed to fall for any man. They only need the satisfaction satisfied and i should not get emotionally attached and here i am getting an ache.

I nodded and turned to walk to the bed when i felt my waist been seized and a shiver ran through me and i sighed when he pulled me back and my back hit his front. 

"i told you, i will teach you to please me. Not been able to see will boost your skills." he said and the purr of his words and his body vibrated with his words making me feel them and i clenched my mouth shirt from responding. 

Taking a deep breath. "you can't seriously still hope to seek pleasure from a handicap." she said and he stepped back and she suddenly felt loss and cold. 

"don't insult the true handicapped. It's just temporary and you are using your senses to guide you. With your eyes closed, your hands wonder and you are curious. You will rely on your senses."

I stood immobile, his words sinking. I could feel my face getting hot when i heard hurried footsteps and i knew who it was. 

I could hear Henry's heavy pants. 

"Mr. Thornwicke. I was not aware of your arrival. Forgive me. Y...you shouldn't be here."

"was it you that told me that she ran away?" He spoke. Mr. Thornwicke. His voice had changed and i really wished i could see the look on Henry's face this minute. 

"ye..yes...but she returned. She returned after the man she ran away with beat her to a pulp and i couldn't turn her away. "

that bastard. 

"give her to me."

a silence descended and he spoke and i thought i hallucinated. 

"what?" Henry chocked.

"give her to me. After all, she won't ruin your business since she isn't the best and you kept her in a barn to heal. Surely, you don't even want her. Give her to me." 

I didn't i had stumbled back because his familiar hand skated through my waist and pulled me to him. 

"i am going to take her. She will learn to satisfy my needs, just the way i want." he spoke so low but i heard. 

and the realization hit me. He was taking me. I'll be a kept woman.