Chap. 7

As I was escorted, I could not control my emotions and thoughts. They were all over the place, I have been trying to calm myself down.

Yet would someone be calm in this situation?

"Once the doctor examines you, you will soon see and you can tell where your chamber is"

I went to speak but she was not done speaking. "Due to your...state, I have placed you to be with the servants, no lifted floors to endanger you."

How thoughtful.

I was more than glad to be placed there. I was afraid I was going to be placed on the top floors, close to where he shared a room with his wife. If were his wife in this situation. I would do the same thing.

"I am aware that you came with no possessions?"

I had turned into a mute. Clearing my throat "yes i..."

"It's quite alright. Mercy! Come here!" she called out and it was responded by rushing footsteps.

"Yes, My lady?"

"Please assist...Rosy with one of your gowns, I will compensate you. Do not fret."

"Yes."

We were alone again.

Arriving at the place where I would be calling chamber, she guided me somewhere.

"You will take a bath first, you reek of the...stables?"

Rosy really did not need to be told.

The whole process was slightly humiliating considering what i has been doing with my life for the past nine years. I was a whore. I had been used to Lottie. We were used to each other and we had seen each other in our worst moments. Yet the circumstances that I was here was more humiliating than pleasing random men. I was now a woman who was about to ruin a marriage.

A marriage that apparently was in tatters since Mrs. Thornwicke had a lover of her own.

She returned when I had finished. "the doctor is here, just in time." she said.

and there I was inspected, prodded, naked. He changed my bandages, saying I was lucky they had not gotten infected, which led him to ask what happened and Mrs. Thornwicke answered for her.

"A Client."

Brief and blunt. A silence descended.

"Ah yes....lets get her dressed and I examine her eyes." The doctor said.

He removed the cloth covering my eyes and I felt that tempt to open my eyes but they were still sore.

"oh dear. .." he said and start prodding my eyes and around.

"were your eyes ever examined?"

"I wasn't awake when they did. I do not know..'

"Your eyes are healing surprisingly despite the poor job whoever did this but the scar will remain."

I frowned "scar?"

"you were slashed close to the eyes. You are lucky he missed or he would have gotten the pupils but the scar will remain."

I was now trembling and sighed. " As long as I can see." I said.

"Yes, Yes, Quite right."

Other prodding commenced.

"it would have healed quickly but when they did not change the bandage, it slowed down the process. I will apply this. It helps with healing wounds quickly and not dangerous for your eyes... I will apply it on the bandages."

All I could say was thank you and he replied cheerfully.

"Now that's done, I will come twice a week to see how it turns out. I'll discuss the rest with you. Mrs. Thornwicke."

I heard them leave the room. Alone I sat on the bed just sitting there as I lifted my hand to touch the new bandage. I could feel the small tingles the medicine was doing on my wounds and I was itching to scratch.

When I inhaled the familiar fragrance, it was stronger now. Clean earthy and the soap he uses. I stood up. "My Lord," bowing to him and suddenly his hands were on my arms lifting me up.

"I am not gentle born, have you forgotten?"

I couldn't help but smile. "Mr. Thornwicke."

"It wont be long before your able to see," he said and he was so close, my heart was going to burst, the flattering in my stomach was accumulating.

"I was informed."

I sighed when I felt his hand on my cheek and I stopped breathing altogether when his thumb caressed my lower lip and it drifted to my chin and tilting it up and I nearly moaned in relief when his lips touched mine.

A small press of his cool, rough lips and he wasn't kissing my lips but moving his lips to my neck and I grabbed his shoulders before I crumbled and his other hand pulled me close. I could feel his arousal and he growled approvingly when I pressed closer.

"All I can think about is you, how I am going to teach you." He whispered and his lips were back in mine demanding, and the pleasure. I responded as he deepened the kiss and I wanted him.

"Go back to work!" Mrs. Thornwicke's loud snap made me jump back hitting a table and I heard things fall.

.....

{I HAVE TO GO TO CLASS LADIES, I WILL UPDATE IN AN HOUR....)