Chapter One: Gentle Warmth

Toshinori was going to fall asleep while standing. He was used to vigorous training of course, Grand Tourio wouldn't have it any other way, but today had been extremely rough.

Everyone was panting and leaning on their neighbors as they waited for their turn to climb onto the bus.

Well, almost everyone.

Enji Todoroki, the stupidly flawless student he was, looked like he'd barely broken a sweat. His long spiky red hair still perfectly styled back, his piercing blue eyes still alert. He stood straight as a board and had his arms crossed, looking at the other students with what could've been distain .

Toshinori sighed slightly as he tried to stay upright. Watching as Shouta and Yamada stagger up onto the bus together, their hands locked together tightly.

He felt a slight pang as he watched them move along to find seats on the bus. Toshinori was happy for his two friends of course(well...one and a half, Shouta didn't like him much.) but it still was a bittersweet feeling to watch them. Memories of his own brief romance feeling a bit more painful when he could see how happy Yamada made Shouta and how affectionate Yamada was allowed to be with the otherwise not so touchy-feely Shouta.

"Oi Scarecrow. Get on the bus." Enji's sharp tone brought Toshinori quickly out of his thoughts.

Toshinori looked around to see him and Enji were the only two not on the bus yet.

"Hahaha! Sorry!" Toshinori flashed one of his large smiles before quickly getting on the bus, practically falling into the first empty seat he could find. Toshinori quickly glanced around to see where his friends were.

Shouta was already fast asleep, his head on Yamada's shoulder. Nemuri was calmly chatting with some girl who Toshinori was pretty sure was named Takeyama. So it looked like Toshinori would be pretty much alone up here near the front of the bus.

That's what he thought at least. Until he felt a soft warmth settle down beside him.

Toshinori glanced over at Enji in surprise. Raising an eyebrow at his fellow teen.

Enji scowled at Toshinori. "What."

"Nothing, just thought you'd sit by Hawks, you know like you always do." Toshinori smiled, doing his best to sound happy and at ease.

"Hawks is sleeping." Enji's eyes darted over to look at something. When Toshinori followed his gaze he could see Hawks half laying on the lap of another student, snoring away peacefully.

"Oh I see!" Toshinori didn't see. Why Enji had decided that sitting next to his rival was the obvious choice when he couldn't sit next to his only friend didn't quite make sense. But Enji was a natural source of heat that was both enjoyable to feel and seemed to almost soothe the aching in Toshinori's muscles.

Soon the steady hum of the engine filled the air. The sounds of talking seemed to fade away as Toshinori struggled to stay awake...

A sudden jolt nearly made Toshinori fall out of his seat, Enji catching him by the back of his jacket and dragging him back. "What the hell did you do to yourself Scarecrow? It was just a damn exorcise why are you so tired?"

Toshinori did his best to smile, closing his eyes tightly to close out Enji's scowl. "Just gave it my all like always!"

That seemed to be enough for Enji because he didn't say anything else. Or maybe he did, but Toshinori just fell asleep too fast to hear it.

 Or maybe he did, but Toshinori just fell asleep too fast to hear it