Post finale

Just a little something I wrote during writers block oops. It's not done tho.
_____

"Indi, no, no, Indi! Indi!"

Liam whined as I cornered him, holding an arm across his chest so he couldn't escape, using the other to compare the length of the fabric to the length of his leg despite his squirming. "Indi!"

"Hmm." I observe, tilting my head thoughtfully, completely ignoring my brother's complaints. "A little long, but nothing a tailor can't fix."

Liam scowls, brushing himself off when I release him, and begin to unhook the blazer. "When I said I'm not going, I meant it, especially the first one hundred times."

"I can't decide between navy blue and black." I hum, eyes flitting between the two colors where they hang before us.

"I can help with that- neither." he chirps, before plopping down onto the bench, crossing his arms firmly across his chest.

"You know, since the Cyclones are maroon, blue would clash horribly." I realize with a frown, tapping my fingers on my chin. "But black is a little too wedding, especially since you only fit in ring bearer suits."

Liam flushes an angry red at that. "I do not! I'm not that short, and you know it!"

"You're right!" I grin at my baby brother, clapping my hands together. "Black it is. Like they say, if the boot fits, well, in your case- if the suit fits."

I then grab his arm, ignoring his flailed attempts of escape as I tug the blazer, admiring the almost perfect fit with a pleased hum.

"And it does!" I exclaim, still smiling as he peels the garment off with an annoyed huff. "I'll schedule with the tailor for tomorrow, ok?"

"NO!" he shouts, and I give him a thumbs up.

"Great, I'm glad you see it my way." A couple more taps, and I've successfully got Liam a two pm appointment for the following week.

"You know, I don't even have a date." he points out, slouching as I gather the winning suit onto a separate hook, organizing the rejects onto another. "And playing third wheel to Morey is not an option, neither is stag."

He walks with me, well, more like drags his feet as he follows me to the checkout counter, as I contemplate my options, and by the time I'm carrying the suit in a bag into the car, a mischievous smirk settles over my lips.

Liam, knowing the look, begins to grow pale. "Oh, no, whatever you're thinking don't."

"You're going." I tell him, speaking over his groaning denials. "And before you argue you don't have a date, you better find one before I make Theo take you."

Liam's eyes practically pop out of their sockets, a scarlet blush tinging the tops of his ears. "You wouldn't."

I hit send, then turn my phone to the beta. "Done."

"'Take Liam to prom.'" he read aloud., then moves to the chimera's response. "'Okay.'" His blush spreads to his cheeks. "'Thanks so much!'"

Liam's eyes grow a faint amber, as his cheeks grow a faint red. "Indi!"

I shrug, starting the engine before peeling out of the parking lot. "Find another date or Mr. Hell-and- back is your escort for the night."

Liam sinks into his seat with a petulant pout, not even bothering to argue anymore.

_____

"Five days left." I point out to my brother as he descends the steps, and he sends a sleepy glare my way.

"Are you going to keep this up until Prom actually comes?" he wonders, voice hoarse from sleep, entering the kitchen where Scott set out a skillet of eggs, and bacon for the, in Stiles's words, "Growing pup."

I shrug. "Are you going to wait until last minute to find a date?"

Scott snorts from where he's next to me on the couch, arm around my shoulders, flipping through channels. "Maybe he wants to go with him, Indi."

Liam's indignant squawk and furious stutters fill the room, his face no doubt burning red.

I nod slowly to my mate. "You might be on to something."

Scott nods back. "According to Mason, he hasn't even tried to find another date."

My eyebrows shoot up, as I turn to face the beta. "Oh really?"

Liam only glares.

"He even turned a few girls down." Scott comments absently, and I whip my head back around to the now frozen beta.

"He what?!" I shout, and Liam, mouth full of bacon, chokes.

Scott, eyes still glued to the spaghetti strainer commercial before us, nods easily. "Corey testified to that."

Liam scowls, muttering a low, "Traitors."

I nod, spinning back around slowly, a smile settling on my face. "Well, if Liam wants to go to prom with Satan's spawn, that's his decision."

Liam's heart speeds up a bit, but no one else comments.

____

"PROM PROM PROM PROM!!!"

Liam scowls, and buries his head under the pillows to try and muffle Lydia and I's shouts.