||5.10.3||

UNBEARABLE PAIN WASHED OVER ME and I howled, unable to control myself as I shifted.

The howl went on and on, not letting up as did the pain in my chest.

Something in me withered and blackened, and stung and burned. Something in me died.

I snapped then, red blood thirsty eyes falling on a terrified Theo,  who ran. I moved to chase him, and most likely kill him, when something  else caught my eye.

Scott's dead body.

I collapsed to my knees, sobbing over him.

"Scott..."

Brown eyes, deep brown eyes I'd get lost in for days, brown eyes like melted chocolate that melted me.

Now lifeless.

I screamed intermittently while I sobbed, unable to deal.

He was gone.

Flashes of memories, of first time I saw Scott, met Scott, kissed Scott, all fading until they were gone, like him.

I shook my head rapidly, tears still running from my glowing eyes, shaking my head.

"No. No you're not dead. You can't.. you can't leave me, Scott."

A harsh sob ripped through me.

"Not you. No. My dad. Allison. My mom.. not you."

"Scott, not you. Never you."

"Scott...."

Someone moved nearby and I roared, ready to fight anyone that came now.

"Indi?"

It was Mason.

I turned my attention back to Scott, tears leaking on to his bloody  face, his blood still pulsing between my fingers where they were pressed to his  fatal wound from Theo.

Mason was on the phone, but his conversation was muffled, as if I  were underwater, and I couldn't move my gaze from Scott's face.

"Scott? Scott!"

"No no no no no no no no."

Minutes, maybe hours I couldn't tell, later, Mrs. McCall arrived,  stricken, and I moved to the side, clutching Scott's limp hand to let  her see him. She was his mother, after all.

She began to sob, but then quickly composed herself, impatiently swiping away tears, taking a deep breath. "Okay..."

She began CPR, and I reeled back, shocked. Would it even work? Something like hope stirred in my chest, where it was broken.

"What... " Mason began, but one look from Mrs  McCall shut him up.

"One, two, three, four, five... "

"What are you doing?" Mason whispered from where he stood off to the side.

" Six, seven, eight..."

"What are you doing?" He repeated , and Mrs McCall  didn't spare him a glance when she answered.

"Bringing him back."

" But his... His heart. He... " I began in a croaky whisper, my  throat and voice destroyed from all of the screaming and howling, and  tears began to continue down my face.

Mrs McCall, understanding my lack of ability to speak, turned  to Mason  for clarification.

"He hasn't had a pulse in over 15 minutes." He whispered, then licked his lips. "You can't bring someone back that's..."

" He's not someone." I sobbed harshly at the younger boy. " He's my mate."

"And my son. He's an Alpha. And he's too strong to die like this!" Mrs McCall  added, pounding more  furiously on his chest,and I sobbed at the  silence from it.

"Come on! Come on, open your eyes and look at me, okay? Come on. Breathe, baby. Breathe." Mrs McCall shouted.

"Scott..." I could only breath in despair, clutching his hand tighter.

" Melissa, it's... " Mason began at no change.

"Shut up!" We snapped, and the teen lapsed back into silence. I'd feel guilty later but for now....

" He's too strong to die like this. Come on. You can do this.... Come  on.." Mrs McCall pounded,and until she sobbed and backed away, pressing  her hands over her eyes as  Scott didn't move.

"No." I snap, taking over for Mrs  McCall, punching his chest instead  of compressing it, vision blurred. "No, no. You're an Alpha! A true  alpha. Come on, Scott. Roar. Come on! Come on, please, Scott please, I love you, you can't.. come on, please!"

Sobbing, I slam my fist onto his heart with an almighty punch,  feeling a surge of power, eyes bleeding red again, my voice coming out  in a broken shout. As an Alpha command.

"ROAR!!"

And then he did.

____

I WIPED MY EYES AGAIN, MAKING SURE every trace of tears was gone, before starting to follow Scott and Mrs McCall. Suddenly Mason's presence is remembered, and I feel pretty guilty for being so harsh with him earlier.

"Mason, I-"

Mason, who's considerably calm despite all that's happened, shakes his head. "Indi, you're totally fine. I get it."

I gave him a wobbly smile, beginning to walk away when I remembered my grieving brother, who was most likely alone now.

But I had to be with Scott...

"Mason. Can you find Liam and take him home ?" I grab the boys shoulders anxiously, heart pounding at the thought of Liam running around with Theo out there. "Please, I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't right now, and he's my only family left.."

Mason was already nodding at the mention of Liam's name. "Of course. I'll get him there, and text you. I'll stay with him too since Justin has a shift, right?"

I let out a relieved sob. "Oh my God, thank you so much, I don't know how to thank you-"

Mason smiled. "Indi, you dont have to. He's my best friend. Just focus on Scott, okay?" His eyes flit over my bruised, bloody, filthy body. ",And yourself. I'll see you later, okay?"

I nod absently, so beyond grateful for Mason Hewitt.