||5.05.3||

ALL IS STILL IN THE GEYER/DUNBAR HOUSEHOLD for a good length of time.

Two dead bodies. Copious pools of blood. One werewolf with yellow eyes, the other with red.

My eyes flit to Liam  after that, and he's petrified. He's injured too, and I make my way over  to him, to help ease his pain, and break the cuffs, but he flinches,  and I back off.

He's scared of me.

Of course he is. I'm  covered in blood, and I haven't shifted back yet, probably looking  murderous with the red eyes, and he hasn't seen me like that. And he  certainly hasn't seen me kill. He doesn't know if it's me right now, or  the alpha wolf in me, and he's scared he's next.

"I-Indi?"

It's his voice that  forces me to shift back, because family and Scott are my anchors, and  Liam is the only family I have left, and Scott's not here right now.

Scott would probably hate me right now if he saw me. If he knew I killed.

Oh God, Scott is going to hate me.

I'm human Indi again, but I'm whimpering, and panicking. I just killed someone. My mother is dead. I just killed my sister.

I'm going to lose Scott.

"Indi?" Liam calls  my name again, snapping me from my panic, and I spin around to face him.

He had tears running  down his already tear-stained cheeks, and if that wasn't jarring enough  as it is, the claw marks on his neck weren't bleeding anymore, but  still not healed.

The ones on his neck that would be longer and deadlier had I not killed Claire.

I killed her,  but to  save Liam. That has to count for something doesn't it? Yes, murder is  wrong, but she killed my mother, and my father, and almost killed my  brother, and then would've killed me had I not killed her. Nothing would  stop her. She was damaged, and she wanted- needed, in her words- to kill us.

I had to kill her.

I had no choice.

I made the right decision.

Scott would understand; he had to understand.

After freeing Liam, who  immediately crawled to our mother's body and cried, I called Stiles, my  heart breaking as I watched Liam sob.

"Indi? What's up?"  Stiles spoke, and I could tell he hadn't been sleeping probably because  of the whole Donovan thing, but that's pushed aside as I glance at the  dead body of Claire (Dunbar) Jones on my dining room floor.

"I-I- you have to come to my house." I managed to get out shakily, only realizing after that it was actually Justin's house, and oh God Justin..

"What? Why- What's going  on?" he sounded concerned, and I could hear him slipping out of bed and  pulling on shoes. "Indi?" he prompted when I didn't speak.

I tried to tell him, but  somehow it was too hard to get the words out, especially when I was  staring right at her as blood continued to pool around her dead blue  eyes like my own, blood from the claw marks that slit her throat- claw  marks from my claws.

I killed her.

And for some reason I couldn't say it out loud.

"I.."

"Indi, is Liam there?  Put Liam on the line." he sounded urgent, and concerned, concerned for  me, and I turned to Liam who was still crouching over our mother's  corpse, and a choked sob escaped me.

"He, uh, he can't." I whispered. "Stiles, something happened, just please come."

Stiles took a moment, sighing, clearly worried. "Okay, I'm on my way."

I choked back another sob. "Stiles?"

"Yeah, Indi?"

"Bring your dad, too."

_____

I spent the time waiting wringing my hands and staring at the family photo on the living room wall. Justin and my mother stood in the back, arms around one another, smiling, and happy- a new and cheerful couple radiating joy.

And then stood Liam and I in the front. Liam was sulking in front of our mother, practically glaring at the camera, scowling, almost shrinking from my mother's hand on his shoulder. Liam hated human touch, and he hated my mother and Justin that year, and he was always angry.

I had attempted a smile, but I was distracted. It was clear in the photograph I was distracted, and I couldn't remember what it was I was distracted by. Whatever it was, it wasn't my family, and a pang rang through me that my mother was gone now, and I still had to tell Justin.

Sheriff Stilinski and Stiles arrived in a police cruiser. Stiles was practically leaping from the car before it had even come to a complete stop, stumbling clumsily on his feet as he raced to the door, his father exasperatedly following in pursuit. The Sheriff went to knock, God bless him, but Stiles burst right in.

"Stiles! You can't just-"

"INDI? LIAM?"

"In here." I replied weakly, casting a look to Liam who was whimpering with his head on the table leg next to my mother.

Stiles's pounding sneakers raced through the kitchen and into here, and I could hear him come to a sudden stop, his heart rate increasing rapidly. The Sheriff came next, with a startled intake of breath, before he moved away, mumbling into his police radio with nothing but concern and worry.

There was a third heartbeat I hadn't noticed before, and from the scent, I knew it was Scott, and he was hesitating to go to me, or Liam, who hadn't stopped crying. My back was facing them, but I could hear the sniffles, and the hesitation, and I knew the two boys were having a silent conversation that ended when one approached me, the other wrapping Liam into a crushing hug.

"Indi?" Stiles's hand was on my shoulder, and I turned to him, a few remnant tears escaping as I faced his worried expression.

He pulled me into a hug, where we stayed for a long time, my eyes remaining on my brother and Scott, where the elder male hid the younger's face into his shoulder, as if shielding him from the disaster- but it was too late for that, Liam had watched it happen, and all he could do was cry now, the image of our mother's corpse burned into his brain, and I knew the feeling.

Scott turned to me, meeting my eyes, and he flashed his red eyes at me, heart stopping as mine flashed red back.