||5.10.2||

THIRD PERSON POV

SCOTT MCCALL ENTERED THE LIBRARY, INDI DUNBAR'S SCENT immediately filling his nostrils. He peered around for the familiar blond girl, heart skipping like usual when it comes to her, confused when he can't find her.

"Indi?" he calls out, whipping out his phone before checking the text. She was here, though. He could smell her. Maybe she had her earbuds in or something?

As he searched, he decided to call her as well, alarmed when he heard the faint buzzing of the ringtone. Following the sound, he found the phone lying prone on a shelf, but no Indi. He declined his own call, confused.

The sound of sand being poured on a hard surface caught his attention, and he reeled in shock at the sight of Theo Raeken dropping mountain ash into a line between them.

His brain melted as he attempted to make sense of the scene before him. "That's not possible." he mutters, and Theo laughs, cruelly, shocking the alpha.

"You're right. A werewolf shouldn't even be able to touch mountain ash." Theo grins.

Scott is normally the slow one, but he picked up on it fast. "You're a chimera."

"I'm the first chimera." Theo corrected, crossing his arms, feeling invincible as the line was sealed between them. "It's the coyote part you don't notice. It's why Malia trusted me first, even though she probably didn't know it. You found the perfect word though, Scott. Because a chimera isn't just a monster with different parts. It can also mean something impossible to achieve. An unrealizable dream."

Scott blinked at the werew- chimera in disbelief. " And they realized you?"

Theo shook his head, an unsettling grin on his face. "They came close with me. But we can't all be perfect. We can't all be true Alphas." His tone went from carefree to bitter.

"Where's Indi?" he demanded, putting two and two together that this was a set up, and Indi was probably collateral damage.

Theo grinned. "I suppose she sleeping off the wolfsbane. Or maybe the kanima venom- although it might just be the encyclopedia that collided with her pretty face."

Scott let out a growl, launching himself at the chimera, only to hit the mountain ash, groaning when he was sent smack onto his pack.

Theo chuckled. "Damn. I felt that." He set a cell phone jammer by Indi's discarded phone, outside of the ash line. "No calls, Scott. No Stiles, no Malia, no Lydia. You're just going to have to wait here alone for what happens next."

Scott slowly sat up, wincing. "What do you mean? What's next?"

Theo turned to look at the alpha one last time before he was onto bigger and better things. "The Supermoon."

______

My head was pounding. My heart was pounding. My hand was... moving.

The venom had finally worn off, but the wolfsbane was still going strong, sending a head rush as I made to stand. I found myself in the corner of the library, then noticing a trail of mountain ash that trapped me inside.

Dammit Theo.

Everything came back then- about Scott, and Liam, and Plan B, and I ignore the pain in my skull, and blood running down my face as I hurry to the center of the library to find my phone and try to ca-

My thoughts are interrupted by the sight in front of me. My brain malfunctions. No. No way had Theo succeeded. I'm still knocked out, because no way was I seeing my brother on top of a bloody, motionless Scott McCall, his claws ripping into him with the same intent as mine had.