Chapter 24

Aurora's POV

It wasn't long before we fell from the sky, I tried to decipher everything that took place as I glared at my sister. We were really trying to kill each other out there.

We acted animalistic— willing to kill each other for our best interests.

That was almost scary to think about, but then again we didn't grow up together so we had no sisterly connection.

We both needed help we been through a lot. And I wanted to give this place a chance, all my life I've been betrayed, running, ducking, and hiding, I honestly needed a break.

"We're here to help." A girl said to me as she saw me deep in thought.

"Help us from what?" I asked

"Yourself." She responded which shocked us both. We continued walking until we reached huge gates that were made of thick steel.

"These are the golden gates. Drop who you were before coming in and the process to better yourself will be much easier. And if you're wondering, you are not prisoners but once you step foot inside there are rules." A guy explained while looking in between both of us.

"What does drop who we were before mean?" Kendra asked.

"New name. New look. New life." A girl piped in making the guy nod in approval.

I don't know if I wanted to drop my identity but who was Aurora anyway? Is that worth holding on to? This was a huge decision and it made me skeptical.

"No Deal." Kendra automatically declined. "I'm the Vampire Queen I have a title out there that I need to get back to, I don't want to stay here."

I was snapped from my mental battle and growled at Kendra.

"You are not his queen he is evil." I snapped at her dumb ass remark. We have a chance to stop running and she chooses to go back like an idiot.

"How many times do you have to be held captive or prisoner in your own life for you to wake the fuck up, stupid human?" I added in.

"I don't agree to the terms and I'll be going—" she turned her body and looked up to the sky where it was storming. "..back to that dimension no matter what it takes." She muttered and walked in the opposite direction.

"With that being said do you agree to our terms or will you be accompanying her on an eternal journey?"

This was my choice.

What should I do?

Jasper's POV

I watched the scene before me get even freakier and demonic and I don't mean freaky in a sexy way.
The ground closed up and sucked them both in together, and as quickly as it came it left. The place was still chaotic and panic shot through my body when I didn't see my mate.

"René is alive but the baby is dead." Connor ran to me before I could even gather my feelings.

"Everyone fall back!!" I yelled out calling for a retreat.

Sage was nowhere to be found so I had to snap out of my feelings. He probably went for a team to track down Aurora.

"Arrest him." I pointed at Zephryn, and 10 wolves detained him. "He goes in the dungeon with high security."

"Everyone that's intact, go secure the wounded and get a wagon for all of the dead, we will return them to their families. That is all." I walked away and got back into thinking how crazy things got so fucking fast.

"Shit." I cursed.