9. Start From Zero Got Nothing To Lose

The waiters were specifically asked to not disturb the heroes by asking for pictures and autographs, but the heroes weren't deaf. They could hear the waiters talking about them. Kirishima did not miss the way the waitresses were talking about Bakugou, but he tried not to mind it, sipping at his soup loudly.

   "Sero," called Iida, successfully getting the attention of not only the man he called, but his three partners too. "It's been a while since I've heard of you on the news. How has work been since?" he asked.

   "Work? I don't usually work alone, mostly with the group, and sometimes alone with Kaminari, but we've been alright. We have a healer around for heroes, but it's not the same as Recovery Girl. It's a pretty painful healing, so if we get bad injuries, we have to wait a few days for the quirk to do its job," shrugged the black haired man, trying to ignore Bakugou, Ashido, and Kirishima's intense stares. "Recently, villains haven't really been appearing, it's more just like fights between people, but it never really extends to the point they use their quirks. It's not that troublesome, so we deal with it easily," he chuckled.

   "It's nice to know you are doing well. Where do you five live around? You must be living in a house, right?" asked Iida, taking a bite out of his meal, that Kirishima saw before. It was quite expensive, but he didn't seem bothered by it.

   "Yeah, we are. We don't really want to live near the town's centre, mostly because it's real expensive there," he chuckled.

   "But you guys would afford it, right? Your house must be big to have five people living in it, right?" Iida noticed how tense Sero became at that topic, but even though he was willing to let it drop, Sero seemed to keep the conversation going, smoothly.

   "It's really not that big," he sighed. "It's a three bedroom house, and Ashido is the only one to have a room to herself," he chuckled. "Even though it's small, we wouldn't like bigger."

   Iida nodded, a smile on his lips. "It is understandable. I live in quite a big house, but I live alone in it. A smaller house might be more comfortable, but if I want guests around, then a big house is better for me," he said, adjusting his glasses. 

   'People recognise him less, I suppose. His glasses is a good hiding place,' thought Kirishima, knowing how he and the others must dress to go out. 

   Ashido has the worst problems about disguising herself. Bakugou usually helps her to apply a beige foundation, bringing it down to her neck, and sometimes coating her arms, hands, and legs in it if she wants to wear shorts. Sunglasses are a must for her, otherwise she needs to wear big contacts, and she really doesn't like them. Her horns know how to be bothersome, but she can bend them under a hat, so they are not as noticeable. It's a shame. She loves going out.

   "You live alone?" asked Sero, furrowing his brows. "Don't you work with Midoriya, Todoroki, and Uraraka though? Why don't you all live together?" he asked.

   "We don't do work like you guys do," he chuckled. "We usually end up doing hero work together, but we do not work together all the time. We live separately. Well, I do," he said. "Uraraka and Tsuyu prefer to live together, mostly for convenience, but sometimes they'd invite over the other girls. Has Ashido ever been?" he asked.

   "Oh! I have!" she grinned. "But it's not that often for me," she shrugged. "Plane tickets are expensive, and train ones too," she sighed.

   "Yes, you are right," nodded Iida. "And then Midoriya and Todoroki live together, and I chose not to disturb them by living in the same house has them. They will think of growing a family after they get married," he smiled. "I know not to get in the way of a family."