eighteen;

he took our dog and my heart right along with him

he took our dog and my heart right along with him. i was up for hours crying into my pillow hoping this was all a joke. i don't think it is. not this time. he asked me to do one thing and i blow it off like it's such a chore.

just tell your freaking parents.

i walk into the agency and i'm immediately guided to my father's office. he was sitting there looking all powerful and intimidating. the man knows his line is top of the business. i wonder if this news could wipe the smirk right off his face.

"daddy?" i sat across from him with my eyes focused on my lap. head hung in shame.

"yes baby girl." his voice sounds deep enough to shake my soul. "is something wrong? did someone hurt you?"

i shake my head slowly. i didn't realize the tear fell from my eye until it hit my diamond bracelet. "no but i hurt someone and i want him back. but i need you to approve it."

the sound of his chair rolling forward let me know i was the center of his attention. i looked up hesitantly and saw a small smile hinting on his face.

"you and your mother are my heartaches and my world. of course i'd approve of him. if the guy can make it five dates with you then he's a keeper."