~Seventeen~

I skipped school the next day. I didn't feel like being watched all day long and whispered about. Everyone was still raving over the Christopher-and-Fate thing. The rumors were even worse. I couldn't tell you how many stupid things came out of peoples mouths. Claire still went to school and filled me in on what I missed in my classes. Not that I was worried, though, since I was ahead in every single class. I decided to drive to Fate's house and see if they'd like to join my family for dinner. On the way there, I drove in silence. I felt better, just being by myself with my thoughts. It was easier than music distracting me from serious thoughts.

I slowly pulled up in front of Fate's place and was surprised to get out and be welcomed by utter silence. I was shocked to see their "yard" clean and no one throwing things out this time. I walked up to the front door and knocked before I could talk myself out of it. Minutes passed before the door slowly opened. The small dark woman with beautiful skin answered the door. "You should not be here," She warned, her voice wary. I nodded in understanding. "I know. I was just curious if you and your family would like to join mine for dinner tonight." I replied, feeling anxious.

She stared up at me in awe. I offered her a small smile as the door opened wider and Fate appeared, looking angry. His eyes softened as they landed on me. I watched as his eyes quickly raked over my body, butterflies erupting in my stomach at the action.

so he did check me out sometimes...

He was wearing a blue Nike shirt with black joggers, something I'd never seen him in, but I definitely wasn't complaining. He looked even more unbelievingly fit than he did before. I couldn't understand. I forced myself to stop thinking about my feelings towards Fate and focus on the task at hand. "Hey, Fate! I was wondering if you and your parents would care to join my family for dinner tonight. Are you in?" Where had this confidence come from? I was never like this.

Fate cleared his throat awkwardly before he pushed himself off of the doorframe. He quietly excused us and walked out with me, shutting the door behind him. I took the time to admire his looks. His jaw clenched as the door shut quietly. His stunning green orbs turned to me. I wasn't too close, but I was close enough to see the small golden flecks in his eyes. They were beautiful. he was beautiful. I was jealous of his long, full eyelashes. I was jealous of him. He was far better looking than me. His lips were pink and full. His eyes captured mine in a strong gaze. I suddenly had the odd urge to reach up and push away a stray piece of hair that came down in his eyes. Before I had the chance, Fate did it himself.

"Are you okay?" He asked carefully.

I could only nod in response as I swallowed hard. It was becoming a bit difficult to breathe. I wasn't feeling bad or anything, I was just so overwhelmed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I skipped school today, as you can tell, and I drove over here, so obviously I'm well enough to drive. I'm perfect. Well, not really perfect but I feel perfect! I woke up this morning-"

"You aren't okay," He cut me off, staring into my eyes. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking through me. He saw my flaws and he also saw that I was lying through my teeth. Fate's eyes narrowed as his hand came into contact with my shoulder. Slowly, awkwardly, he pulled me into a hug. I was confused, but I let him hold me. I felt his shoulders drop, obviously relieved. I smiled into his shoulder as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

When he let go, he smiled back. "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"I needed that." Fate sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

My heart fluttered. "Glad I could help."

"I'd love to go to dinner. It would be nice." Fate said.

I nodded. "Okay, good. So... I'll see you?" I nudged up against the doorframe shyly.

"Of course, yes." Fate replied.

"Okay, cool. I'll see you then." I said awkwardly, then left without another word.

great. you had to be awkward.

---

Woowoowooo I had to fix this!!!