Chapter 36: A Painful Sorrow

Lol so I was playing my PS3 earlier today, and I remembered when I met this British guy on there and, Lord forgive me of my sins, his voice was LIFE!! My friend and I were playing BO2, and omg every time this motherfucker spoke, I died (literally, in the game) I had to mute his ass! His voice was so heavenly!

Excuse the thirstiness up there ^ But, after this, there's only two chapters left!

Chapter 36: A Painful Sorrow

Shadé

It was so hard to not cry. It was too painful to think about. It broke my heart to even remember the face expression he wore when the judge told him his sentence. He had harvested eighty-eight plants! Eighty-eight fucking plants! When the judge had said the amount, I was scared. I knew his sentence was not going to be a short one. And I was right.

I cried all of that day. Wren had to watch Tori because I wouldn't be able to do it. Not when I was hurting so bad.

We were back in England now, and I was still teary-eyed. Tori was constantly asking me what was wrong or what she could do to make me feel better. For two, her compassion for other people was very high.

"Ish okai, auntie," she hugged me.

"I know, baby," I had managed to sob out. I couldn't tell her the truth. I couldn't tell her that it wasn't okay. It'll break her heart. I didn't want to hurt her, I wanted to take care of her.

When we'd gotten off the plane, Vincent was spotted against his car, waiting for us.

"Go say hi to uncle Vinny," I told her, dabbing at my red eyes with a face tissue. For some reason, I didn't want him to see me like this.

She ran into Vincent's arms before I turned away from them. But once I did, Harry stood before me. "Are you okay, My Lady," he asked, his brows creased in concern.

"Oh... um... yes," I nodded.

He stared at me for a moment before looking at something over my shoulder. I looked in the same direction to see Vincent standing behind me.

"Tori told me you were crying a lot," he said.

"Your Highness," Harry bowed before strolling away with my luggage as I stood there silently. Vincent's free hand found its way around my waist, pulling me against him. Tori placed her arm around my shoulder, giving me a hug as well.

"You can cry, Love. Tears are free and they're not supposed to be held in," he kissed my cheek.

The fact that he said that tears were free, made me cry harder because Ezra said they weren't. I knew it had been a joke, but it didn't make me laugh anymore. It just makes me cry.

_____________

Vincent

The fact that Shadé hadn't come down for supper and, according to Tori, crying lot, told me that whatever Ezra's sentence was, it couldn't have been less than five. She never told me exactly what he did, but it had to be a serious offense.

I wanted to give her space and sleep in one of the guest rooms, just until she felt better. But, I couldn't do that. Not with how much I love her.

It was one in the morning when I'd gotten out of bed and treaded to my bedchambers. She actually had her own room, the Queen's bed chambers, but I never really saw the use of it.

I stepped into the pitch black room and waited a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. The curtains were closed, allowing no moonlight to filter through.