Chapter 16: Phonetic Pleasure

Thank you everyone for wishing me good luck on my Finals. I hope it all goes to Algebra 2... ^///^

Any who, just a WARNING. This chapter does have a sexual scene in it. If you're not into reading that, then avoid the scene once it comes. I'd rather not hear people complaining. -.-

Thank you :)

Chapter 16: Phonetic Pleasure

Shadé

After I'd left Vincent's hotel room, I spotted Darrell sitting on an armchair in the atrium. He wore a sleek, black suit, as he always did, and a red tie around the collar of a white dress shirt. His dark shades were directed toward me, so I knew, for a fact, he was looking at me. He must have just gotten off of work.

I treaded over to him, guiding the stroller with one hand and holding a sleeping Tori in another.

"Can you help," I said, irritated that he was just watching me struggle.

"Fine," he sighed as he took the stroller from me. He hastily strolled out of the building with me following after him. I knew he was upset. But he wasn't going to argue with me until we got into the car.

We crossed the street to an underground parking lot. I was mentally happy that the babies were asleep since they hate being in dark places.

"Do you have the carseats," I asked as we approached his black Jeep Grand Cherokee.

After strapping the twins and Tori into their carseats and folding the stroller in the trunk, I knew that whatever Darrell had to say was about to come.

The moment he closed his car door, he turned to face me with a hard glare.

"Darrell, don't even start with me," I said first, hoping he'd listen to me. There are three sleeping toddlers in his backseat and I'm really not in the mood to wake them up.

He drove out of the parking garage, unfortunately running into traffic.

"I can't just let this pass, Shadé. You were in his apartment while he was butt ass naked-"

"He was in a towel, Darrell. He was in a towel because he just got out of the-"

"And you kissed him at his birthday dinner-"

"I did not kiss him!"

We were going back and forth with one another. I was hearing what he was saying, but he was no where near listening to me. It was as if he was trying to be the only one to speak.

"Yeah, yeah. Bottom line is, every time you're with this 'prince', you end up doing something stupid," he said angrily as he gripped his steering wheel tighter.

"What was stupid about what happened? I didn't even do-"

"You know damn well you could've waited for me in the lobby! You didn't have to wait in his damn room," he pointed out as he glowered at me.

He was right. I didn't have to wait in Vincent's hotel room for him to come get us. I could've waited in the atrium or lobby, like he said. But, I didn't want to. Something in me wanted to see him one more time before I left.

"You're right," I said, looking out the window as tears began to sting at the corner of my eyes.

"Of course I'm right. I don't know why you think I'm stupid," he said, accelerating his truck into the heavy mist of traffic.

"I don't think you're stupid," I commented, still staring out the tinted window. It looked as if it was going to rain at any moment.

"Yes you do. But you know what, I'm going to see what this prince is all about," he said, slowly driving along with the other cars.