Chapter 12: He Will

Wow! The comments last chapter were amazing! I love reading lengthy comments (writers can relate) But yeah, there was a huge debate on who is wrong in this whole situation. Some said Vincent, but most said Shadé. But really, they're both wrong, as Channel_Reign explained (^_^ I like your widespread outlook on it). Vincent did disown his daughter and is pretty unstable (especially in the emotional aspect). And Shadé, well we all know it's wrong to deprive a potentially good father from fatherhood.

Ok, on to the chapter.

Chapter 12: He Will

Shadé

A deep red, hand-shaped bruise blotched Vincent's pale complexion. His head was turned sideways, most likely from the impact my hand had on his face. But, I felt no remorse for doing what I did. I was mad that he put me in this situation.

The moment I felt Vincent's hands loosen on my waist, I quickly pulled myself off of him and stood to face Darrell. He was still in a state of shock at what he had seen. I could see in his eyes that what he think happened is processing itself into his brain.

"Darrell, it really isn't what it looks like," I said cautiously, holding my hands up.

"Oh, it's exactly what it looks like," Vincent said cockily from behind me.

I caught a glimpse of Darrell glaring toward Vincent just as I whirled around to face him.

"Listen, you fucking prick! Don't you dare try to ruin us, okay! Keep your damn negativity to yourself," I said angrily, my hands twitching into fists. A slap was obviously not enough for him.

"Shadé, you really don't have to explain anything," I turned to face Darrell as he spoke. "I always knew that you wanted this white man back," he said with narrowed eyes and a clenched jaw. He began to turn away, out of the door's threshold.

I was going to go after him to explain what really happened, but Vincent harshly grabbed my arm, tugging me back.

"What," I snapped.

"You heard what he said. You don't have to explain anything," he said, soberly, his eyes held multiple emotions; hurt, jealousy, and...heartbreak.

But I didn't give a damn. I was heartbroken before, now it's his turn.

I yanked my arm out of his grasp and stomped away from him. Just as I was reaching the door, he stepped in front of me.

"Vincent, move," I yelled.

"Tell me I can see my children, today," he said determinedly.

"Oh my God," I groaned exasperatedly. "Move," I exclaimed, shoving at his chest.

"No. Tell me I can see my children and I promise to move," he said, breathing heavily.

"Okay fine. You can see them, just move," I said without thinking.

He reluctantly moved out of the doorway, allowing me to leave. I ran down the narrow, short hall that led to the backdoor of the bakery, rushing outside just as Darrell was getting into his Aston Martin.

"Darrell," I shouted.

He turned to face me in response and stopped himself from getting into the car. "I told you, you don't have to explain yourself," he said coldly.

I speed-walked toward him, stopping a few inches in front of him. "I know, but I don't want you jumping to conclusions that didn't happen. Listen, he only came to talk about our children...and our past...," I said, trailing off.

"So what you two were trying to rekindle your past, I don't get it," he asked dubiously.

I shook my head in disagreement. "No, no! He pulled me onto him just as you came in," I said truthfully.