Popcorn and Disney!

Apocalyptour Madness

 Ch. 7

Joey followed Jaime into her downtown apartment. When he walked in he could sense it was 100% Jaime Lyn Beatty. Her walls were covered in pictures of the New York skyline; her old home, and the Chicago Skyline; her new home. There was a couch with a TV in front of it and two chairs. Under the TV was a whole row of Disney movies, musicals, and TV series.  Joey had walked over to the table behind the couch and smiled when he saw the frames that were lined up on it.  The first picture he came across was of Jaime and her family, all big smiles in New York City. The next photo he saw was of every one at Leaky Con 2011, they were all laughing it looked like they were in a middle of a song; it was even on the day Darren was there.  He then noticed a collage of pictures in one big frame, pictures of her with the girls from the group and pictures from backstage of the show. He knew the memory behind everyone of these photos. The last picture he noticed made him the happiest! It was the two of them. The picture was taken opening night of Me and My Dick. They were hugging, Joey was kissing her on the cheek, and Jaime was smiling that smile that could light up a room. 

Jaime came up behind Joey, “Ah, I see you found my picture collection.”

Joey turned and looked her, she was standing there with her hand on her hips, and he smiled sheepishly, “Yeah that is some collection, lot of memories in these frames.”

Jaime just laughed, “Yeah, if I could I would go do them all again. So you go pick the movie and the blanket, and I’ll make the popcorn and get the drinks?”

Joey saluted. “Yes Ma’am!” He laughed and then went to go look at the collection of DVDs.

Jaime had walked into her small kitchen and took out two bags of popcorn. After she put them in she called out to Joey. "Any preference in beverage?"

Joey walked into her kitchen, "Squirt." He said with a serious face.

Jaime looked at him, "Seriously?"

He started to laugh, "God no, nobody drinks that stuff! Hmm I will have whatever you’re having."

"Cherry coke it is then!" Jaime smiled pulling two cans out from the refrigerator. Then she placed the second bag of popcorn in the microwave.

Joey laughed "Two bags of popcorn?!"

Jaime looked at him and rolled her eyes, "Like you would actually share a bag, please! You would eat the whole thing!"

"This is very true...."

Once the popcorn was in a giant bowl Jaime walked over to the living room.  "So Mr. Richter, which movie did you pick for us to watch?" she asked plopping down on the couch.

Joey quickly sat next to her with the remote in his hand. "My personal favorite Tangled!"

Jaime clapped her hands in excitement! "Well it just so happens to be my very favorite and I know every song!"

Jaime got up really fast to shut off the lights; Joey couldn't help but notice how happy she was. She had a certain bounce to her step, and her smile was bigger. Joey could tell Jaime really was a kid when it came to Disney movies, and he loved that about her. She made her way back to the couch and sat next to Joey. He put his arm around her and then pulled the blanket up cover them both.

Jaime kept thinking to herself, “This is just like the old days, nothing has changed, and we always cuddled together in our dorms. Nothing is different about me or Joey! Well besides the fact that I might have feelings for him! Just breathe Jaime Lyn!  Joey pulled Jaime into his side and she decided just to go with it. She snuggled into his side and placed her feet on the couch tucked under her.