Target 34 - Gentle Rain

Start from the beginning

The half-rain Arcobaleno hung onto every word, nodding every once in a while and following the steps. While they waited for the oil and butter to heat up some more, the blonde fussed over the toast and beverages, while the brunette diced the onions he found in the fridge.

"We make a good team," the Sawada commented offhandedly, just based on that morning and how quickly they managed to prepare breakfast- Reborn always tried to distract him and mostly stayed out of the kitchen.

Colonnello preened under the praise, buttering the toast and leaving it for a couple of seconds while he but the garlic salt, teriyaki sauce and other components that Tsuna had mentioned in with the olive oil/butter mixture.

Quite quickly, the mushrooms and diced garlic were in, with the blonde mixing them around every once in a while. While the mushrooms were under Colonnello's care, the brunette placed the bacon and sausages onto the plates, along with a hefty amount of baked beans each.

He placed his toast on the plate, though he did get a smaller plate for the blonde's three slices.

Once the mushrooms browned lightly, the Arcobaleno left them to simmer. In that time, he brought the hot beverages to the table and helped Tsuna bring the plates to the table. The Masuta turned to him, smiling and brought his hand up.

Colonnello smiled back, giving the boy a high-five. "You were really great, Colonnello!" Tsuna praised, laughing a bit at the end. "What do you want to do after breakfast?"

The man's smile widened. At first, he wanted to show Tsuna the shooting range and training grounds, which were further into the forest, but now it seems that his plans have changed... "Can we make cupcakes?"

The brunette looked shocked, though his face broke out in a dazzling smile quite soon. He nodded enthusiastically. "I'm super surprised! I didn't think you would like baking."

Colonnello's face flushed, and he sputtered out of surprise. Tsuna just continued to smile. He saw more of each of the Arcobaleno's personalities, albeit slowly. It was... nice. He could see them for who they are, not for who they were or for what they have done.

The school textbooks did not leave much up to interpretation. "I-I want to learn... I mean, I can bake a couple of stuff, and like, I know a bunch of recipes, but I get too nervous a-and I don't really get to do it much with the, uh, the training and stuff."

Sure, he stumbled over his words, but who wouldn't? He was sharing something which he classified as personal- in fact; the brunette wagered that he had not told anyone else about this! Besides Fon, maybe, as Fon was a very accepting and reliable person.

Fon is pretty great. Be like Fon.

Anyway. The rain looked pretty flustered, and Tsuna didn't comment on it. "That's great then, isn't it? We can do that later," he promised. Colonnello just nodded, happy, and the conversation was left at that.

-----

Laughter burst through the house, a joyful and content sound that was contagious, as another person joined in- a bit more hoarse and plentiful, but just as joyous all the same.

The living room was now a battlefield, with an ungodly amount of pillows and blankets making up two forts opposite of each other. Freshly frosted cupcakes sat in the kitchen, long forgotten beside a variety of different types of sprinkles.

Various little charms and toys were strewn around on the ground. Tsuna snorted, safely ducked behind his wall of pillows, with Colonnello on the other side. "Just wait, kora! Lal had- Lal trained me!" The blonde shouted though he was interrupted by wheezes every now and again.