Target 24 - The Ballroom

Tsuna stood frozen, his eyes widened in shock as he looked at the older man. Why would he, Reborn, choose someone as weak as Tsuna to be his Masuta? This bond was eternal- he wouldn't be able to break it once it was permanently marked on each other's skin like a tattoo.

"Are you sure you want... me... to be your Masuta?" The brunette asked unsurely, clearly insecure of his own abilities and skills.

He knew that, in the past, he said that he would comply with the dark haired man's request to be bound to him, but he never thought that Reborn would actually ask the question!

The raven huffed, almost annoyed, and faced forward to break eye contact with the younger. "If I wasn't sure then I wouldn't be asking you," he mumbled. They continued to stand in the middle of the spacious garden, the awkward atmosphere still surrounding them thickly like some kind of restless fog.

"Well," the raven began. "Are you going to say anything?"

Tsuna shook his head quickly and then smiled, looking at the older with the utmost adoration he could. "I think... I'd like that," he finally spoke, a deep pink blush covering his cheeks and spreading to his ears quickly.

So, they continued walking through the garden, and it was left at that.

--={&}=--

Everything was set. Or, well, almost all of it. The ballroom was quite bland and boring, with no decorations as it was rarely used at all. Now, however, it was quite different.

Golden fabrics were draped across the walls, coupled with thinner, indigo coloured satin to compliment it. It was a nice accent colour to the shimmering metallic silk, creating a unique type of contrast against it; dark against light, matte against metallic.

Perfectly tied bows made of the indigo satin were pinned between each delicate arch and swoop, where the excess fabric was pinned and fell down the stark walls. The middle part of each arch- where one would end and another began -would be seamlessly hidden by these bows.

Though, they were not only indigo coloured, as the middle of each bow was covered in that same golden silk.

The walls, although they were still plain and stark, were coloured in a creamy beige unlike the overbearing white which they were previously. They had toned down the stronger colours with their simple and monotone paint.

Strewn around the place were balloons in colours ranging from light to dark, primary to tertiary and even more mixes of shades and hues that no one thought were possible. Having money certainly had its perks, and dammit Giotto was going to use those perks for this particular celebration.

He couldn't wait to raise a wine glass filled with the most expensive red wine the Vongola had in their cellars and smirk mockingly at his father, just to show how much influence he really had after this.

Long tables were dotted around the edges of the spacious, vacant room, decorated with pretty white table cloths. The edges were lined with an indigo ribbon, about an inch thick, to add a pop of colour to the white cloth. The ribbons were sewn onto the fabric with a golden thread, which could easily be seen a millimeter away from the edge of the ribbon.

Many butlers, dressed neatly in black two-piece suits, white button-ups, black formal shoes, black bow ties and small, white rose clips tucked away into the front pockets of their jackets, walked around busily.

They left and re-entered the room consistently, placing plates of pre-made goods on the tables so that guests who had no interest in the dancing and mingling could retire to the tables, eating pleasantries off of silver platters.