XII. Walking Volcano

Start from the beginning

I shut my eyes once more, wishing he would disappear instead warm arms wrap around me once more. I push him back, "Please, Lu-" his nose scrap against mine.

I hate myself.

No matter what I do, I'm always weak until his touch. Even when I know he doesn't love me. How my emotions will never be return - in the end -

My nails dig the wall feeling his lips press against mine.

I want him.

"Ava! Do you ever learn from your mistakes?" My mother would always scorn at me for repeating my mistakes, unable to learn from it properly. If she knows what was occurring, she would be disappointed in me.

I didn't know how long Luke and I stayed inside the room, but by the time we left - the hallway was empty.

I didn't meet his eyes as I marched towards the parking lot. Luke grabbed my wrist. "Why do you look so pissed off?" Luke asked, his zipper still hanging low.

"Can you at least zip it up?" I hissed.

He glances down and clears his throat than with a swift motion; he zips it up. I shook my head, mostly at myself, and continued my speed.

Before I could reach my car, he stood in front of the door. I exhale, "What else do you want from me, Parker? I've already spread my legs for the day! Are you satisfied, or would you like me to do a 180 on your face?" I snapped, mainly because I was angry at myself.

He smirks, "Can you?"

I rolled myself and pushed him off my car. A hand on the handle, I open the door only to get it rudely slam shut. Quickly, I glare at the guy who leans against the car with his arms crossed as his emerald lens drills deeply into me.

I stood there, feeling the wind rushing towards us. The strands of hair that decided to rebel against my messy bun rush across my face, brushing against my cheeks, irritating me more. "What?" I held back the urge to end his manhood.

"Why are you so fucking pissed off?"

"Because that's how I am! I'm a walking volcano!"

His lips tugged upward, and I can tell he was trying to hide his amusement, "That would explain the explosion earlier."

I closed my eyes and began counting to calm down my nerves. I'm a few strings away from running Luke over with a car.

"Come on, Makee. What's up with you?" He pushed my hair back, and I felt the sweats on his palm, "We had a good time earlier... didn't we?"

I open my eyes and push his hand away, feeling the water leaking down my neck, "That's the problem - after I did my whole fucking speech about not wanting to be fuck buddies with you. What did we do? Oh yeah, we fuck!"

He stood up from the car and stepped closer to me, "I-I don't understand! We have a good time together! I'm not in a relationship! You're not in a relationship! What's wrong with what we're doing?"

I threw out my hands, taking a step back, "Parker, can you try thinking with your brain and not your dick for once? I'm saying that I want to be in a relationship! I don't want my future potential lover to find out I'm fucking another guy while I'm dating him!"

"So, you admit you like someone!"

A single lid twitch, "What?"

"Who is it?"

"Why does it matter to you whom I like?"

"Because what...what if he is a jerk?"

I scoff, and tap him away from the car, "Any guy would look like a church boy standing beside you."

I open the door, resting a single elbow against it. "Parker, whatever happened in there. Let's treat it as a fuck buddy goodbye."

I smile, the same smile I practice in the mirror a million times. "Seems fitting, doesn't it? Since our relationship started with sex, let's end it with sex. It had always been like that, right?"

I exhale, "Nothing more. Nothing less," I said, before stepping into the car.

Driving out of the parking lot, I gaze at the mirror to see Luke's standing there with an expressionless face.

Another week passed and Luke left me alone.

I'm glad everything has ended, and I can live my life peacefully.

Settling myself on the couch, I pop a piece of popcorn in my mouth as Mary rests on the other side. We were both underneath the blanket, watching a movie in complete silence.

My eyes trace towards the clock, remembering how tonight is the day Mina caught Luke's attention. The day where he began pushing me away for her. Despite everything I had done for him, it had always been Mina.

Scooting my body down, my toes brush against Mary, who smiles. I return her smile while making myself comfortable.

This is it.

This is what I want.

Complete pea-

The phone rang.

I sat there, staring at the screen that blinked Eli's name.

A sudden rush of discomfort roams over me as I continue staring at it. "Aren't you going to pick that up?" Mary asked.

I should not pick it up.

Clenching my fist, I inhaled a deep breath hoping it was nothing. I began praying that Eli was calling for another random chit chat about the weather while taking a dump on his toilet. He said my voice soothes him, aiding him towards victory, particularly during Taco Tuesday night.

I pick it up, hearing the loud beats.

I close my eyes - don't tell me.

"Ava! Trev is in trouble!"