Ordinal Scale, Activate (Chapter Seventeen)

Start from the beginning

"Is everything alright, (Y/N)?" I nodded.

"I'm good, it's just that the AI singing sounds so... familiar. It almost feels nostalgic to listen to." Asuna's eyes widened when she realized I was right. I then focused on the boss. It was already taking players out one by one.

"Enough of this, we need to beat this thing before it beats us!" I exclaimed and Klein agreed.

"What do you say, Kiri-dude?" Klein called to Kirito. Kirito seemed unsure. Kagachi used his snake attack on some players that were shooting at it from above. The attack landed close by to us and we hurried to avoid getting hit. Klein called out to Kirito from the other side of the affected area from the attack.

"Don't let your HP hit zero! Your rank will get docked!" Klein called out. I was on Klein's side of the attack as it followed Kirito and Asuna.

"I know that!" I heard Kirito yell back. I looked over to Klein.

"You guys take front lines, I'll cover from the back!" Klein nodded and his guild began to rush forward.

"Come on, you guys! That bonus has our name on it!" He exclaimed. I stayed still, nocking an arrow in my bow and raising it to my line of sight. I kept close watch on how they were doing. One of them had parried the blow of Kagachi's katana, leaving an opening for Klein and another of his guildmates to rush in and get some hits. I noticed after they hit it, they took the boss's aggro and I decided to change that. I breathed in, and then out, letting my arrow fly and hit a weak spot in the boss's armor. I must have did an adequate amount of damage, as it stopped running after Klein and turned to face me. I swiftly changed my weapons, bringing my sword back out and running towards it.

"W-what are you doing, (Y/N)?!" I heard Klein yell. I ignored it and dodged an incoming attack. Swinging my sword, I got two hits in on it. The boss was not happy about that as I jumped back from another attack.

"You guys could help me if you wanted to, y'know!" I called out. They gasped and nodded.

"Right!" I jumped back and the Tank for Klein's guild rushed in to block a hit that was coming my way. Klein and his other friends took the chance to do an all out attack against the boss, pushing it into the corner of a building. It got out of the damaged building and hissed at them.

"I think you guys pissed him off." I smirked. Kagachi attacked Kirito and Asuna once more. He then growled and began to run after the two of them. My eyes widened.

"It's coming for you!" Klein yelled at them.

"Kirito's not going to be able to handle it..." I muttered. I began to run after the boss. Asuna ran over to Kirito to see if he was alright. Kirito only ran towards the boss to meet it head on.

"You dumb idiot!" I cursed. I was right to believe that Kirito wouldn't be able to handle it, as he tripped and tumbled to the ground right in front of the boss. For a moment, my SAO instincts kicked in. I'd blame it on the boss we're fighting being a boss from Aincrad. I swung my sword at Kagachi's right leg and helped Kirito get up. Kagachi fell down to the ground and was incapacitated for only a moment. I used it to help Kirito instead of killing the boss.

"You idiot!" I growled at him. He chuckled sheepishly. I glared over at him.

"You can't be stupid like that. This may not be SAO, but you can still hurt yourself here by falling like that." I muttered. He ran alongside me as we tried to get away from the boss.

"It's just hard to move." I huffed and Asuna and I spoke at the same time.

"You're just little out of shape is all/really out of shape is all!" We looked between each other and laughed as he gasped and panted.