WTF WATTPAD?!: THE BETRAYAL

*MUFFLED SCREAMING*

This would probably be a continuation of the "How they write" chapter.

SO

I went on the hunt again for some Persona 5 fanfics on Wattpad. Just to see if the community for the fandom got any bigger.

It had.

So I open one book - that shan't be named- and was immediately content because there was a pretty good word count and details.

So the story starts off with a very detailed paragraph. You know the usual shit. "I'm new here. Insert back story and scene here."

But then the betrayal happened when the dialogue came in.

Allow me to provide an example :

"A lone figure sat on the throne, drinking in the silence of the room. They were currently reading a clay tablet in their hand while deep in thought. Their thoughts were interrupted when another person entered the room and spoke.

Person A: Greetings I am a traveler sent here to show you why the author hates shit like this.

Throne person: of course the author hates shit like this. It interrupts the flow. Not only that it's hard to write actions when author use this form of dialogue.

Person A: I agree. Drinks?

Throne person: *shrugs.* sure why not?

This is a pet peeve for me. Why would you do this to me?I already got happy with the story and had already made up in my mind that I was gonna sit and binge read but NOW I'M HEART BROKEN THIS IS WHY WATTPAD IS MY EX NOW- COUGH.

Anyway

Y'all get it right? That just threw me off guard like what the fuck. I internally cried and closed the book and had to watch YouTube to get over myself. Don't do this to me please?

Y'all can leave now.