Come Back To Bed

Author - shiroihana_marika
Word Count - 4.7K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12874488#main
________________________

Namjoon awoke with a dry throat. A warm body was pressed against him, soft black hair falling on his chest, Jimin's quiet slow breathing making him smile sweetly. He turned his head to look over at the digital clock on the nightstand.

3:14am.

Namjoon sighed; he really didn't want to leave Jimin's warmth, his good smell, his soft clothing enveloping him - but he was really fucking thirsty. For a moment he ignored his thirst, his fingers lightly brushing over Jimin's silky hair, his arm holding the younger closely around the waist. Jimin was a precious thing to him. For a year they hadn't seen each other - Namjoon went to study in New Zealand whilst Jimin toured Korea with his dance company - and the goodbye had been extremely painful. They'd agreed that long distance might have hurt them even more than a breakup, but at the airport Jimin cried until his face was red and puffy, and Namjoon had squeezed him tight until the very last moment, afraid to let him go.

"Jimin-ah." Namjoon turned back to the sobbing angel, just as he was about to go through security.

Jimin stared up at him, glassy eyed and pink all over, "Yes?"

The elder held Jimin's face in his large hands, wiping his tears with his thumb gently, and leaned down to plant a soft kiss full of tenderness onto Jimin's swollen lips. "Wait for me?" he whispered, their lips brushing together as he spoke.

When he pulled back, Jimin nodded earnestly, "I will, baby."

Namjoon took him into his arms again, his heart sinking in his chest as he buried his face in the crook of Jimin's neck and inhaled his vanilla scent. He didn't want to cry in front of the younger - he'd do that on the plane. It was difficult, though, to keep his composure what with the woeful pang he felt in his heart.

"Don't miss your flight..." Jimin mumbled, though he didn't quite sound sincere. He pulled back, looking up at his boyfriend through wet eyelashes, and took off his ring, sliding it onto Namjoon's thin finger. It was a little loose, but neither of them minded. "Wear this so you don't forget you're mine."

Namjoon smiled, though his eyes were glossed over, and shrugged off his hoodie before placing it on Jimin's small shoulders.

"I love you so much, Jiminnie."

"I love you, too, so so much."

Unable to hold it in, Namjoon began to sob into his hands as soon as he walked through to the security area and Jimin was out of sight.

Namjoon had only arrived back in Seoul a few months ago, surprising Jimin at his dance studio after visiting his family for a few weeks, delighted to find that Jimin really did wait for him just as he'd promised. They were back in the honeymoon stage all over again, constant date nights, nonstop sex, always feeling the need to be close to one another, skype calls every night they spent apart, which wasn't many. They were addicted to each other as ever, trying to reclaim the time they had spent apart - swearing to never leave each other again. Now they lived together; Jimin had presented Namjoon with a key, blushing and nervous, and he'd moved in almost immediately. Some of his unpacked boxes were still lying about the place - every time he and Jimin had tried to organise all their stuff, they'd gotten distracted and ended up having sex on the couch. Or the bed, or the kitchen counter, or in the shower...

Sighing again, Namjoon carefully lifted Jimin's head from his chest and placed it gently on the pillow, leaving his warmth and slinking out of bed, the thirst getting the better of him. He looked down at the dark silhouette of his sleeping lover briefly before padding over to the dark kitchen and pouring himself a glass of water. He stood before the sink and drank in a sleepy haze, relieved to finally quench his thirst, and as he set the glass back down he felt arms snake around his waist.