We Bloom Till It Gets Cold

Word Count - 7.1K
Author - brave_woodpecker
http://archiveofourown.org/works/13385790?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
____________________________

Kissing Jimin was Namjoon's favourite thing in the whole universe. His lips were even fuller than his own, and always tasted faintly of cheery because of his lip balm. Jimin was also a very good kisser. He knew how to keep the kisses soft when it was necessary, never used too much tongue and had understood that Namjoon liked it when his lips were a little nibbled. He could kiss Jimin for hours without getting bored. It was also what he had planned to do this Friday night, and he was on the right track since he and Jimin had not left the couch for an hour now.

Jimin changed his position to straddle him and took his lips off his to kiss his neck. Namjoon's hands squeezed the bottom of Jimin's sweater when the dark-haired boy began to nibble at the skin. Jimin pulled up his face quickly to kiss Namjoon again, sliding his tongue between his lips. The kiss was passionate. Jimin's crotch was really close to his, and that's when Namjoon panicked and pulled away from him.

Jimin almost slipped on the floor.

"Namjoon, what the fuck?"

The brown haired boy rushed to his side immediately.

"Oh my god, Jimin I'm so sorry. I thought I heard the keys in the lock and I panicked. I didn't want Yoongi or Hoseok to find us like that. The teasing would have never stopped."

Jimin rolled his eyes at him fondly.

"Yeah well, warn me next time."

"Sorry."

Jimin sighed and ran his hand through his hair. His phone suddenly vibrated on the coffee table and he took it in his hands.

"It's Taehyung. Apparently Jungkook and he just watched a scary movie and now they're too scared to sleep without me in the room."

Namjoon laughed.

"Sounds like Tae and Jungkook."

Jimin laughed too before sighing.

"I better go. Thanks for tonight, I felt like I had not seen you for months because of the exams."

Namjoon opened his arms for Jimin to slip into his embrace and kissed his forehead gently.

"Yeah me too, and I can't wait for the end of next week. We will finally be able to relax."

Jimin smiled at him.

"And have hell of a party, don't forget that your birthday is on Saturday."

Namjoon groaned

"You guys have been talking about it for weeks. I can assure you I haven't forgotten."

Jimin laughed before bending down to drop a last kiss on his lips. He grabbed his bag, which was at the foot of the sofa, and headed for the entrance. Namjoon followed him, dragging his feet, already bumped out at the thought of being alone in the apartment he shared with Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Be careful on your way back to the dorm."

Jimin rolled his eyes.

"The university is five blocks away. I think I'll be ok Joonie."

"You never know what could happen," Namjoon said, crossing his arms over his chest.

The dark-haired boy stood on tiptoe to kiss his cheek.

"You're cute."

He gave him a final wave before closing the door behind him, leaving Namjoon alone. The oldest smiled to himself when he thought back to the first time he had met Jimin. He had been in his second year at the university, studying music production. He and Hoseok had been friends since high school, and he had kept on talking to him about the last two members of his dance crew, and how talented they were despite being freshmen. Namjoon had come to one of their dance practices, and had been mesmerized by the way Jimin had to become one with the music when he moved.