chapter 1

Mallow heard the last bell of the day rung through the entire school. After the bell was heard, every student in the building started gathering their school supplies into their backpacks before leaving. As she walks towards her desk to get her backpack, her friend Lillie said one last thing before leaving the room.

"Thanks for helping me tonight, Mallow." The blonde said her gratitude to her friend as she motions to the capsule that is currently in Mallow's arms. "It puts my mind at ease to know that you will be helping me. I'll meet you outside."

"No problem!" Mallow yells just so Lillie could hear her since the blonde-haired girl has already left the classroom.

Today, their class was given an assignment to take of a Pokémon egg, which is currently in incubation inside the capsule. The class had a small problem of how they would taking care of the egg when they are not in school. Mallow volunteered Lillie with the task of taking care of the Pokémon egg outside of school as a way to help with her phobia. The blonde bookworm was reluctant at first, but she quickly gathered enough courage to take on that task.

Mallow, being a good friend, wants to help her out for being so brave. So, the chef offered to help on the first night, which Lillie was grateful for.

When the chef got her backpack on, she head towards the door, but she stopped when she notices that Ash Ketchum, her new classmate, is waiting for her at the door. Everyone else has already left the classroom, it is just the two of them in the classroom.

Ash looks outside the classroom, making sure there is no one in halls nearby. The raven haired teen then motions Pikachu and the Rotomdex to leave the room, which they did. The Rotomdex was confused at first, but complied nonetheless while Pikachu followed his command with no hesitation.

Mallow raises an eyebrow. "Ash?" She said, "Do you need something?"

Ash just stood for a moment with a solemn look to gather his thoughts before talking.

"Can we talk?" He asked with a sober voice, "It's about Lillie."

-----------------------------------------------------------