THIRTY SEVEN: Numbered Days

Hey guys. Hope you're all well and I'm good condition Alhamdulillah

So anyone heard of Inkitt before?
Yeah I just found it recently too.
I checked it up.
It's an app. Its basically it's like wattpad but not exactly. I'm dying to try it out.
So maybe I will upload some chapters there.... maybe the next chapter??..

So do check it out please and tell me what you think.

BTCC 37: NUMBERED DAYS.

It was passed noon when Suraj received the call. He sneaked out of work early to sleep and not even thirty minutes into it the call woke him. He didn't know when he ran out of the room in a singlet and three quarter pants.

Adda Sajida was in her husband's house preparing lunch for her siblings and parents that were on their way back. Some of her kids were in Alh. Fulbe's house. Suraj ran pass the kids that were playing in the compound with his nephews. He forgot he even had a car and that was a thankful thing because he wasn't in the right state of mind to drive, he ran till he saw one of their neighbours on his bike and breathlessly begged him to take him to the hospital.
Everything from that hour till the end of the day felt like a dream to Suraj. Just pure nightmare.
He was sitting in the waiting room, hands on his head and a miserable looking face when Adda Sajida arrived with her husband. He had called her husband earlier and informed him of the devastating news then requested for him to bring his sister calm and collect to the hospital.
She looked collect alright but she was a disaster on the inside. She looked confused and her eyes were bloodshot red. Multiple tears ran down her cheeks as she saw Suraj looking drained and miserable.

"Suraj" She whispered.
He raised his head to look at her and the tears he had been trying hard to hold in escaped in a heartbeat.
Sajida held his hand and sat beside him.
"What are the doctors saying?" She asked.
He shrugged. "They just asked me to fill in some forms.

"Ya Salam. " She cried. "Waheeda?" She asked inbetween sobs.
He shook his head and bow down.

"Inna lillahi wa inna illahi rajiun. " She cried some more. " Ya Allah.  But where is Fatima?"

"She had to be taken to Obsteric and gyneacology department." He replied

"Why? Labour? " He eyes widened.

"I don't even know wallahi." He ran his hand through his hair wearily. "Maybe due to shook." He suggested.

"All is well. Everything is going to be fine Insta Allah. Let's pray kawai." Her husband reassured them.
"What's the time?" Suraj asked.

"4:36" Munir replied.

"Ya Salam. I didn't even pray asr. Let me go and pray."

And with that, Suraj left for the hospital masjid.

#$#$#$$###$#

*Two days earlier.*

^~Hahaha still guessing who died and how he/she died? You gotta keep ready honey. Keep scrolling. Have patience. Let me drag this.~

What is Eid without family reunion and visits and if there is one family Waheeda would love to visit it's Abdulmajeed's sister Binta in Jigawa.

The couple made plans to go and spend two days in Jigawa. They weren't the only ones up for visitations. Fatima's maternal cousin who lives in Kaduna was getting married. It was going to be a small affair of just Walima and wedding fatiha. She didn't have to attend especially because she was heavily pregnant but her parents were going to attend and she hasn't seen them in a year. They didn't even go to Yola for the last Eid.