What A Coincidence..

After searching far and wide on Bourbon Street for Maddy's championship, we ended up finding it in one of the bars we stopped at last night.

"First day as champion and you already lost it.." I teased as we headed back to our cars.

"Buzz off!" Maddy stuck her tongue out.

"I don't know about you, but I'm fucking starving." Dean grumbled, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I'm with you, and my head hurts again." Finn groaned, leaning his head against the window.

I was so happy to go home after tonight, and sleep for all the whole week.

"Oh Mads, I forgot to ask, did you tell your parents about the engagement yet?" I asked.

"Yes..they are very happy for us! I'm excited to start planning our wedding." Maddy smiled.

"Will their be booze at this event?" I questioned.

"I didn't want there to be, but that means none of Dean's friends or family would show." Maddy shrugged. "So yes there will be."

"Alright!" I clapped.

"Have you two thought when you'd want to tie the knot?" Balor asked.

Maddy and Dean exchanged looks. "Uh, I was thinking sometime next year. I don't want to rush into anything." She laughed.

"I would be fine with going to the courthouse today, but.." Dean eyed her.

"Marriage is a special day for us, and it'll be nice to celebrate with everyone." She said, her voice raising slightly.

Balor and I looked at each other, realizing this conversation was getting heated.

"We're practically married already, I mean we live together, do everything together, only difference is the piece of paper saying we are." Dean scoffed.

"So your saying you don't want to get married?" Maddy snapped.

"Guys let's-" Finn interjected, but was cut off by Dean slamming the brakes on the car abruptly. In the middle of the road.

We were now holding up traffic, causing all the cars behind us to start honking.

"Dean what the hell are you doing?!" I exclaimed.

"Of course I want to get married to you, I'm just saying I don't need a piece of paper to justify that." Dean snapped.

Maddy glared at him, "Don't talk to me like that. Ever again."

"Guys, can we at least start driving again?!" Finn sighed, as people began yelling at us.

Dean started driving again, and the rest of the car ride was silent. Very silent.

When we got to the arena, Dean was the first to head inside, while the rest of us unloaded our bags.

Finn grabbed his things and left, leaving Maddy and I.

"I don't know what his problem is." Maddy shook her head.

"Could you maybe think he's nervous?" I suggested, shutting the trunk.

"Dean? Nervous? I mean why would he be?" She questioned.

"Well, being engaged, that means he's got to invite his family, and you know how hard of a subject that is for him." I reminded.

Maddy's face dropped, "God, I'm such an asshole. I completely forgot about all of that."

"I've got to find him right now!" Maddy dropped her things and took off down the hallway.