Silent Treatment

The rest of training, Charlotte had surprisingly taught me a lot of counter attacks and defensive moves. But I knew she wasn't doing it to be nice, there had to be a reason.

At our final water break before training ended, I approached Charlotte.

I coughed loudly, causing her to look up from her phone. "What do you want?" She asked boredly.

"I want to know why your being so...nice." I said, making her chuckle.

"Trust me, I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for me." She stated. "I want you to defeat Maddy and then that'll make me retain my title in our match after."

"Or you could just fight her fairly?" I suggested, making her scoff.

"That's not how things work here anymore. Wrestlers use strategy all the time, Sure I have to blackmail you to do it, but the outcome is all the same." She says proudly.

"Wow..And here I thought the almighty Charlotte flair actually used her strength to win." I retort, causing her to scowl.

"Say whatever you want, but just know, I have one up on you. And I will use that to my advantage, so I'd be careful if I were you." I went quiet after her words.

"Now, let's get back to training." She says, standing up and walking back into the ring.

I sighed and followed her.
-

After I spent the rest of the week training, I finally flew back to Chicago for the weekend. I picked up Pumpkin and went straight home.

Only to find Maddy waiting on my doorstep. She had tears streaming down her face, which made me instantly rush over to her.

"Maddy! What happened? Are you alright?!" I exclaimed, pulling her into a hug.

"I-I don't know. I-I just need someone to talk too." She sniffled. I quickly unlocked the door and unhooked Pumpkin's leash, then helped her inside.

We sat down on the couch and I gave her a box of tissues.

"Tell me what happened." I said, almost furious wondering who or what made her so upset.

"It's Dean," She revealed, shocking me. "He's barely spending any time with me, and when I asked him about it, he just stayed all quiet then said he's going to stay at a friends house!"

My mouth dropped as I was trying to find the right words to say. "And when did this happen?"

"Tuesday right when we got home, and I've been waiting for him to call or text me, but I haven't heard from him since then." She frowned.

"I'm sure he has an explanation for doing this, this doesn't seem like him." I sighed, patting her back.

"I bet he's going to break up with me!" She cried. "I don't want him too, I love him!"

"Mads, don't think like that. I know Dean and he loves you. I think he just needs time." I say, making her scoff.

"Time away from me?!" She exclaimed.

"No no no, I think just time to think things over, ya know.." I say nervously. I did not want to say the wrong thing.

"What could he possibly have to think over?!" She snapped.

I stayed quiet as she sighed, "I'm sorry for freaking out. I'm just so stressed out. Two years Dean and I have been together, and he's never done anything like this."

She threw the now empty box of tissues on the ground and got up. "I'm gonna go to sleep, maybe I'll feel a little better."

She headed into my bedroom and shut the door. Wow. I'm still in shock that Dean would even do that. I mean, it was him that asked her out first..