Hold Onto Him

"Maddy, I asked Harper to bring you here because I have something very important to ask you.." Dean begins. "I've been thinking of this for a while now, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to grow the guts to do this."

"Dean, w-what are you doing?" Maddy asked.

Dean suddenly stood on top of the table, whistling to get everyone's attention in the restaurant.

"Ladies and Gents, please stop what your doing and listen to me. I've got some things to say, the first thing being that I love Maddy with all of my heart." He directs his attention to her. "It scared me at first, I never felt anything like it, but she makes me feel safe. She's nothing I've ever known, and life with her is so much better."

Tears well up in her eyes, and I'm pretty sure I saw Seth wiping his eyes a little too.

"So Maddy, you, and all these people in this steakhouse know how much I love you and appreciate you. So the last thing I have to say," He hops off the table and kneels down in front of her.

"Will you marry me?" He pulls out the box, opening it to reveal the diamond ring.

Maddy gasps, "D-Dean I cant believe it!"

"Nows the part where you say yes.." He chuckles. "I don't have a warranty on the ring."

"Yes, you idiot." She leaps into his arms and they kiss.

We all cheer, watching as he slips the ring on her finger. Roman goes up to congratulate them as Seth approaches me.

"Wow, I can't believe Dean Ambrose is going to get married. It's like pigs are flying in the sky right now." He joked.

"I'm happy for them. You can tell how much they love each other." I gushed. I've never seen either of them as happy as they are together.

"Yeah.." He trailed, eyeing me with a hint of a smile on his lips.

We take group photos before we all disperse. Maddy and Dean were the first ones to leave, Roman headed to the airport to go back home, and that left me, Seth and Finn.

I headed to my car as I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw it was Finn.

"Look, there's no way around this awkward conversation we're gonna have, so I'm gonna break the ice and get it over with." Finn sighed. "We spent the night together last night. I don't regret it, but I do know we were drunk, and it was just a one night fling."

"Finn, I'm so sorry." I bit my lip, looking down at my feet.

"No, don't be sorry. I'd rather you be honest with me, then lead me on with false hope." He chuckled. "But I do wish you find that special someone who makes you happy, and you hold onto him."

My eyes drifted over to Seth, who was leaned against his car, watching me.

"Thank you, Finn." I smile, pulling him in for a hug.

"I'll see you soon.." He pats my back, before heading off to his car. I debate whether or not to go over to Seth, but decide I should go back to the hotel.

As I'm driving, I can't help but replay Finn's words over and over in my head.

Find that special someone who makes you happy, and hold onto him.
-

The next day I flew back to Chicago, and got a phone call from an old friend. I picked up Pumpkin and headed over to their house.

"Hiiiiiiii!" I greeted, as they opened the door.

"Harper, it's been so long!" April pulled me into a hug. Pumpkin and Larry, their dog, ran off together inside.

"Come on in!" She pulled me through the door.

"Phil, we have a special guest!" April yells up the stairs.

A few minutes later, April and I are sitting at the table, coffee cups in our hands. Punk walks into the room and grins when he sees me.

"Harp, it's been a while!" He hugs me before sitting beside April.

"Nice to see you," I nod. "We've all been so busy, we can't hang out like we used too."

"But, I see you kicking ass on RAW every week!" April exclaimed. "I'm dying to see the Wrestlemania match!"

"You watch me?" I question, and she nodded.
"We only watch for you and The New Day."

"I wanted to say your doing a great job..I know the circumstances aren't always nice, but your really doing your best. And we can tell." Punk compliments.

"Thank you. It's been hard training, and adjusting to this new role. I've always been used to being backstage, and now I'm in the ring." I shake my head in disbelief.

"Well we're rooting for you!" April pats my shoulder. "Always."

"I'm so grateful I have friends like you. It's times like these where I really need all the support I can get.." I sighed.

"I figure this isn't about WWE but more..personal?" April figured, and I slowly nodded.

Punk stood up, "I'll go take the dogs for a walk, you ladies can catch up." He hooks their leashes on and leaves.

"So..tell me what's on your mind." She said.

"I-I've been racking my brain for months figuring out what to do, and I still don't have an answer.." I explain. "There's this guy, who I've been with, it started as casual hook ups, but we share a deep connection that only seems to grow stronger..and I don't know what to do or think." I breathe.

"My advice?" April grabbed my hand across the table. "You go for it. You take a leap of faith, put yourself first for once, and you spend your life surrounded by people who bring you happiness..if this Gentlemen does, you hold onto him tight. People like that don't just come and go."

I nodded, taking her words in. "But..it's a little more complicated than that. There's another woman involved.."

She raised an eyebrow. "Does he seem more himself with her or with you?"

"Honestly, with me. When we're together, we laugh and we talk about random things, from work, to our pets, our friends, the newest comic books, video games, the time I spend with him is amazing." I grinned just imagining Seth.

"If he likes comic books and video games, marry the fucker!" She laughed.

"No but on a serious note, only you can choose what to do. Follow your heart, or your head. It's up to you." Right after she said that, Punk came back in.

"You ladies done?" He questioned, letting the dogs off their leashes.

"Yes..we are." We give each other a look before I stand up. "I should get going."

"Good luck and remember I love you and I've always got your back." April muttered into my ear as we hugged.

"Always, and the same goes for you, shortstack." I smile.

Punk pulls me into a hug, "Give em Hell."

"Nothing but," I smirked. "Bye guys!"

I scratch Larry's ears before leading Pumpkin out of the house. April and Punk wave as I drive off.

With everything involving Seth and I in my mind, I was very conflicted. On top of that, it was finally WrestleMania Week.

New Orleans here I come..

- - -
Punk and AJ made an appearance!!! You knew I had to add em in my story haha! I wonder what Harpers gonna do after Finn and AJ's advice..ALSO MADDY AND DEAN ARE ENGAGED!!!! And Mania week is next chapter, wahooooooo! Thanks for reading :) 💛