"Nothing tangible,"Thea chuckled dryly. I realized he must have said something spiteful to upset her that day without realizing the consequences. Anger was a hideous thing, and Will was not one to manage it. I decided to ask him about that later.

"One love story down, one more to go!" I shouted merrily, flinging the door open to Ted's room. Ted jumped up from his chair frantically, as if I'd placed a needle facing upwards onto it.

"Ava! Great to see you!" He greeted nervously, his eyes flickering back and forth from me to the paper on his desk. Ted, love, you are a terrible actor, you know that?

"What's wrong, sweetheart? Doing something you're not supposed to?" I asked in a sickly sweet tone, casually walking towards his desk. He nervously moved the paper away from the desk so that I wouldn't be able to see what was on it.

"I-it's nothing, Av. Don't worry about it." He didn't make eye contact.

"Why are you acting so suspicious? If it's personal, I'll back off. You don't have to tell me everything, you know. Sometimes it's nice having a little mystery."

"Um, yeah. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. It's.... personal," he choked out.

"Ted, it's not bloody personal. Why are you lying to me?" Remember Anger? Yes, she's a hideous little thing, sitting at the back of my mind, waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce. And here it was, the perfect opportunity, sitting right in front of her.

"Ava, I...."

"I what, Ted? Wasn't hiding your job enough? What else do you think I'm cruel enough to judge you for?"

No, no, no. I didn't want to say that. I wasn't ever mad about his job. I'd kept secrets from him before and he had a right to keep some from me too. We'd tell each other one step at a time, when we were comfortable doing so. It wasn't healthy for us to lay out all our scars, all our fears and all our tragedies at one go. He knew how I felt about this, and still he looked scared. That was enough proof for me to know that this wasn't just another secret. This was about me. This was about how I'd react.

He knew that I'd be happy if he shared something with me. It was a sign that he was opening up to me and that he could seek comfort in me. That's all I ever wanted and all I could ever ask for. This time, however, he was scared because if I knew, I'd be angry.

I knew the boy I loved. I knew him so well that it scared him.

"Ted, don't mess with me. Show me the paper,"I said, much calmer than I felt.

"Ava, I can't-"

"TED, SHOW ME THE PAPER."

He pulled away from my touch, and that was when I knew there was no other way. I moved towards him swifter than he'd anticipated, snatched the paper from him and dashed towards the other end of the room. I never would've been able to do this under normal circumstances, Ted being three times more athletic, but Anger worked miracles. She made me a monster.

Daisy,

You're not pretty enough to be this stupid.

That's it. Eight words. But they were enough to make me want to tear the boy apart.

"YOU BLOODY MONSTER,"I screamed, lunging towards his throat. He screamed right then, alerting Thea that something was out of place. Before she could come in and pull me off of him, I slapped him hard across the cheek, not regretting what I was doing for a single second.

"AVA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Thea shouted in fright.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D DO SUCH A THING,"I shouted even louder this time, anger taking a toll on my body. I couldn't think straight. Tears were blurring my vision. No, anger wasn't making me a monster, Ted was.