18

Rose

Rolling over I reach for my phone, I press the home button as the screen lights up, three in the morning. I sigh to myself rolling on my back, my hair still damp from my shower. I still can't get over what happened a few hours ago, I'm not sure if I can ever forgive Chloe. She knew everything that happened with Wayne, she met the fucking guy. Wiping my face as a couple of tears fall from my eyes, trying so hard not to break down again.

"You alright?" Luca's husky voice startles me, I slowly turn around to face him. His eyes sparkle in the dim light off my bedroom.

"Yeah, sorry if I woke you." I whisper back at him.

"Come here." He reaches out, grabbing my waist and the back of my thighs, pulling me effortlessly to his body. I rest my head on his chest, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. The pad of his thumb stroking my cheek gently.
"You know what's crazy." He speaks gently.

"Hmm what?" I answer, raising my head slightly to look up at him.

"I like you." He tells me. His words have my heart racing, he likes me? Luca likes me? He's joking.

"Don't joke about something like that." I slap his chest lightly in a comical way. He holds my wrist looking down at me with a straight face, no sign of amusement evident.

"Why would I joke about that? I like you a lot Rose." His face serious and beautiful. Oh, my fucking god.

"Do you like me?" He asks, I'm silent for a second. All my thoughts and feelings are jumbled; can I bring myself to like someone again? What if I fall in love with him? I can't do that to myself.

"I do like you." I answer honestly. I've only known him for about five weeks, but I have spent so much time with him. I can't deny the feelings there.

"I knew it." He squeezes me tightly.

"Don't kill the moment, dickhead." I slap his chest again as he chuckles underneath me. We lay in perfect silence for a couple of seconds, I'm not tired anymore. My mind wandering, trying to figure shit out, what's going to happen now?

"Rose can I ask you something?" I raise my head to look at him, concern scattered across his face. I sit up and wait for him to go on. He wiggles himself into a sitting position next to me.

"Who's Wayne?" He asks, I turn on my bedside lamp to sit up straighter. Do I tell him? I guess after everything he heard earlier, I have to tell him. Either way he might find out. Taking a deep breath.

"My mum's ex-husband, he's been in prison for five years." I answer truthfully, waiting for all the questions to come.

"So why is everyone so worried about you?" His face full of confusion.

"He went to prison because he-" My voice shaking, the lump in my throat making it harder to speak.

"Hey, its ok you can trust me baby." He leans across pecking my lips softly. I take in a deep breath, calming myself after his affectionate action.

"He was arrested for rape and sexual assault." I almost whisper, tears prickle my eyes and fall down my cheeks instantly. Luca grabs my waist picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Calm down, I'm here." I wrap my arms around his neck crying into the crook of his shoulder. He grips me harder pulling me closer, I can feel his heart pounding against his chest.

"He fucked my life up for so long Luca and now he's out." I cry, trying so hard not to be too loud. He hushes me gently stroking my hair.

"I won't let him anywhere near you, I promise you Rose." He murmurs into my ear before kissing it gently. His words calm me down as I feel my heart flutter, he's promising to protect me and I cry out again as he holds me tight.