16

Rose

Typing on a keyboard is irritating me, the sound of my acrylic nails making too much noise is making me feel tense, wanting to rip them off. Squeezing my eyes tight I take a deep breath before opening my eyes again. I'm so unsure what to make of last night, I had sex with Jacob and it was good. Really good. I still don't understand why I can't seem to get Luca out of my bloody mind though.

Jacob is engaging and funny but after last night, I know it wouldn't ever be more than sex, maybe just friends. I don't know how he feels and that worries me because I don't want to lead him on, I'm just confused. The sound of my phone ringing pulls me out of my thoughts.

Incoming calling: Mummy

I hesitate for a moment before accepting the call. "Hello sweetie I hope you're not too busy." Her voice sweet, I smile to myself. I haven't spoken to her in a while.

"Hi Mumma, no it's fine. Are you ok?" I question her, slightly concerned that she's calling me randomly, she never really calls.

"Are you free this evening, I'm going to Daniel's for dinner, I would love it if you joined." Her voice tense but still loving. I can imagine her bright blonde hair curled to perfection and her smile as bright as ever.

"I am free, I'll come straight from work." I reply.

"Good baby, I'll see you in a couple of hours then, love you." Her voice cheery making me smile.

"Love you Mumma." I hang up the call, confused. Why is she coming to London? She hasn't seen us in ages. Why was she inviting me? Daniel's the golden child, I'm the child who witnessed her father die and caused a divorce between mum and Wayne.

I watch the clocks in anticipation, the longer I watch, the slower time is taking until five thirty. I need to get out of here and find out why my mum is really here? Or am I just overthinking everything? Probably.

Knocking on the apartment door I wait nervously, I tuck my strands of hair behind my ear and push the remainder behind my shoulders. Watching the wooden door open, my heart stops. How could I possibly fucking forget?

"Hey Rose, you stalking me?" Luca leans up against the door frame with a smug look that I just want to punch.

"You wish." I push past him knocking him back as I stomp through the living room.

"Leave her alone mate." Daniel scoffs at Luca in a joking way. God if only he knew.

"Where's mum?" I ask Daniel as I give him a quick hug.

"Your mums coming?" Lee waltzes into the living room, I give him a quick nod knowing exactly what he's going to say next. What he has been saying for at least thirteen years.

"Your mum is so fucking hot." He sits back into the armchair wiggling his eyebrows at Daniel.

"Don't start, not my sister, especially not my mum." He scowls at both Lee and Luca. I watch Luca raise his hands in defence.

"Wasn't me." Luca laughs awkwardly. Daniel rolls his eyes and marches towards the front door at the sound of a knock. Luca's eyes catch mine as I watch him, his blue orbs have me mesmerised as he keeps them attached to me. Stop it Rose. He thinks you're psycho.

"Hello sweetie." I turn my head, my gorgeous mum strides through the bright room in a pair of black skinny jeans, Chelsea boots and a tight black t-shirt, a leather jack covering her curves, the same curves that I have.

"Hey Mumma." I instantly smile running over to her, she wraps her arms around my waist.

"You look so slim!" She pulls away from me holding my shoulders, open mouthed looking at me in shock.