[P2] Chapter 51

A/N: The name "Christine" appears 474 times in Part 1 of this story! 

Okay, I wrote this chapter and have re-written it maybe six or seven times and I still couldn't get it the way I had planned it to go, but I hope you all enjoy regardless! 4700 + Words, longest chapter!

Christine POV:

"I don't know how you do it, Chris." Meg sighed, resting her head on her fist, "You go to school, then you come here to work, and you sing at church and perform in the musicals and plays."

I shrugged. All of this would be easier if everyone in my life wasn't making it ten times harder. Meg was trying though, but she had a lot to think about too.

"Any word on your dad?" she asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing yet."

She was quiet for a moment. The whole diner was actually, "Is it always so dead in here?" she whined.

"During an hour ago you were complaining that there were too many people here."

She stretched her arms over her head, "Well, now I'm bored."

I eyed her stomach. It was still flat of course, she couldn't be more than a month and a half pregnant. It would be a while before she started to show. "Have you thought about what you wanted to do with the baby?"

Her carefree manner vanished and she suddenly looked serious. She didn't answer my question though, but I'm sure it was obvious that she didn't know what she was going to do.

"Well, whether you decide to keep it, or not. I'll support you." I gave her a sad smile.

She rolled her eyes, "Please don't kiss my ass." she smirked, "Right now, I don't want to worry about it. I'm pushing it far away in my brain at the moment."

"It's not something that you can just ignore-"

"I'm not. I'm just avoiding it."

I blinked, "That's the same thin-"

"Let's talk about something a little more interesting." she said, eyeing me suspiciously, "So you said when you were in the parking lot, Philippe was there."

I sighed, "Yes, he was there. What about it?"

"Don't you think it's a little weird for someone who doesn't go to that school to be in the parking lot specifically at the time you showed up?"

I rolled my eyes, "God, you're relentless. Philippe and I are just friends."

She was quiet now. But she was also looking over my shoulder. I turned around and saw a guy getting out of his car.

"Just friends, huh?" she teased further.

My eyes widened as I saw Philippe locking his car door and standing taller to see through the high window. "He-He's probably just here for pick up."

"Have you tasted this food?" she made a face, "He's definitely here for something else to taste-"

"Meg!" I chastised.

Just in time too, because the door opened, the bell chimed, and Philippe came in with a smile on his face. He approached the counter, and I could see Meg slipping away from the corner of my eye. Damn her.

"Hey!" I said, a little too overenthusiastically but I will admit I was a little nervous, "Sorry." I quickly said, "That was loud."

He laughed, "Hey Christine."

I frowned a bit, "'Christine'? A little formal." I laughed nervously, "You normally call me 'Chris'."

He shook his head, "Sorry. I just uh, I've had a lot on my mind." he awkwardly patted the counter that sat between the two of us, keeping us apart like a metaphorical barrier. "When do you get off?"