[P1] Chapter 25

Christine POV:

I took a hot shower, trying to wash away the guilt I felt. But it wasn't leaving me. I hurt Erik...I'm not really sure how I did, but I feel guilty nonetheless.

Once I was through, I got out of the shower and back into my room. I got ready for the school day, dreading the awkwardness I would feel during music class. We were finally on good terms, and now we're back to avoiding eye contact.

I grabbed my keys and headed for the door, only to be stopped by it opening. My eyes widened, "Dad?"

He looked over at me and smiled, "Christine. Hey, how are you doing baby?"

I was mad at him for leaving me terrified all night...but at the same time I was so scared. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I heard him laugh and hug me back.

I pulled away and pushed against his chest, "Where were you?"

"What?"

"Where have you been? I tried calling you!"

He shrugged and pulled out his phone from his back pocket, "It's been dead."

"Well...why—"

He kissed my forehead, "Christine, you're going to be late for school."

"But—"

"No buts missy, off to school."

My brows furrowed. My dad had always had a carefree attitude towards him, but when it was time to be serious he would never act like this. He didn't even ask how my night alone without him was! I've never spend nights by myself!

I felt the color drain from my face as I thought of my dad suddenly leaving me again. I headed out the door and mentally prepared myself for an awkward class with my favorite music teacher.

Erik POV:

I swear, this girl will be the death of me. I want to give her the world, but I know that I can't let her truly see me. But how could I be with her fully if she couldn't see me?

I knew I should have never been with her in the first place. Overall, I blame Nadir. This is all his fault. He was the one that dragged me into teaching. If not for him...I would have never met Christine. So as much as I want to blame him...I want to thank him. If I could be with Christine or not be with her...I'm just happy I've had the chance to meet her, to have the chance just to press my lips against hers. This much would satisfy me enough. I've tasted all the happiness the world can offer.

As much as I try to come to terms with it all...I want more.

"Hey Mr. D!"

I exhaled, then turned to face Phoebe, "Good morning." She walked over to my desk and sat down on top of it, sitting on a bunch of graded papers I needed to give back, "Can I help you?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. I was going somewhere but I ended up outside your door. So I thought I'd say hi."

How does she live her life if she can't even remember half the things that happen in it? "How are you? I haven't seen you since Sunday, after we..."

"Had one too many drinks?" she laughed, "Then we somehow ended up at the school the next day with a hangover."

I gave her a look, "How did you remember all of that?"

She thought for a moment, "I don't know."

"What did you have for breakfast this morning?"

She opened her mouth to answer, then she closed it and shrugged, "I can't recall."