[P1]Chapter 30

Erik POV:

I gave three gentle knocks against the door, now realizing that I'd have to spend the rest of my night with this woman. I mentally prepared myself in the few seconds I had before she opened the door, "Hey, Erik." she asked with a confused voice, this time her confusion was understandable because I did come unannounced, "What are you doing here?"

I reached into my jacket pocket, pulling out the envelope, "I had the pictures from your camera developed. I just wanted to give them to you." I explained as I handed them in her direction.

She looked down in confusion at the envelope, maybe because she had forgotten I promised to give them to her. "I could have come by your classroom today," she said with a quiet voice, "Thank you...Erik." she added quickly.

I nodded, "You're welcome." I turned around, heading down the stairs.

"Wait!" Phoebe called out to me.

I turned around, "What is it?"

She stumbled with her words, "You...You came all this way just to give me photos?" she started to chuckle to herself now, "You don't have anything better to do?"

I took offense to that, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Her smile grew wider, "I mean, not to be rude, but what do you do for fun? If you spend your nights developing pictures for people..." she started laughing again, "Erik, come inside."

Now I was the one that was confused, "Why?"

She put a hand on her hip, "Alcohol, why else?"

"It's a Monday night." I commented, "And the last time we went out drinking, it didn't end very well."

"Just one drink." she pleaded, "Come on, I'm bored. Porter's out with Felicia again and I'm lacking a drinking buddy."

I sighed. In her defense, I'd rather her not drink alone. But at the same time I did sort of plan things with Christine. I felt as if I was always at war with myself when it came to Phoebe.

"Just one drink." I said quickly.

Christine POV:

"What are we drinking tonight?" Raoul asked.

I laughed, "I'll take a soda or something."

He shrugged, "All right, I'll be right back," he handed me the remote on his way out, "put anything on."

I gripped the remote and pressed the power button, bringing the TV to life. I started to flip through the channels, but nothing really caught my eye.

Before I knew it, Raoul was back with two cokes in his hand.

"Thanks."

"No problem." he said, before collapsing on the couch next to me. We were on either side of the couch, with one seat between us open. We were just friends, watching TV, drinking soda. No problem here.

"How's school been for you?" I asked.

"Pretty good." he said, snapping the tab to his soda open, "I switched to woodshop, and I have to say I'm much happier there." It was totally understandable as to why he left. Crazy teacher and the fact that he started something with not only me, but Meg as well. It was probably totally awkward for him.

I chuckled at my horrible attempt to snap my soda open, "I was surprised you took music. I never took you for someone who was interested in that subject."

He chuckled at my pitiful effort and took it from me, opening it for me, "Well, to be honest, Chris, I took that class because I knew you were going to take it."