Prologue

Christine POV

"Senior year!" Meg stood up in my convertible and waved her arms in the air.

I laughed and tugged on her shirt, "Get down! You're going to get me a ticket!" I laughed.

She ignored me and made a big "Woo!" noise from her mouth with her head arched back.

I guess it's okay. We were on the side roads, tall mountains on the one side of us and endless trees and a lake on the other side.

"Speed it up Chris!" she shouted.

I complied and pressed harder on the gas, making us go 90 miles an hour. I turned on the radio and we are young turned on, only pumping her adrenaline even more.

The sky was pitch black besides various twinkling stars scattered about. The moon shined so bright tonight and the air smelt fresh of nature smells like pine. I took my hands off the wheel for a second and took my hair out of its pony tail, releasing my brown curls.

"There you go Chris!" she shouted as she screamed at the top of her lungs.

I laughed and pressed even harder on the gas, making my car go 100 mph. I've never gone over 70 before and here I am at 100. I just hope no cops were around right now...

"TONIGHT! WE ARE YOUNG!" she sang along with the radio.

I arched my head back with her, feeling the cool breeze glide across my pale face and travel through my long hair.

I opened my eyes and it all happened rather quickly. All I could hear was Meg scream and the tires screeching as I slammed on the breaks. All I could see was a bright light, coming from the car heading towards us. All I could feel was Meg grasping my arm and my head slam into the steering wheel.

My head turned to the side as I looked through the review mirror and watched the other car keep driving. It was a woman and she flipped me off and honked her horn as she didn't stop to see if we were okay.

"Chris? You okay?" Meg groaned as she sat up in her seat.

I turned to face her. "I'm okay."

She leaned up in her seat and rubbed her head, "Oh God, you hit a tree." She pointed out.

I glared at her, "Really?" I groaned sarcastically, "At least we're okay."

"My God! You're not okay!" she yelled as she jumped back.

I followed her gaze as I saw my foot twisted around in a position a foot should never turn. I was surprised I didn't feel it. I tried to see if I could and it just felt numb, as if you were outside for too long when it was freezing and your hand froze, or when you sit on your foot for too long and it falls asleep.

Just then I let out an ear piercing scream as the pain all of a suddenly ran through me. "Meg! It hurts!" I yelled.

"Okay! I'm going to call the police!" she frantically took out her phone and slammed her fingers on the buttons.

I grasped my leg as I examined my foot. I turned back to see how Meg was doing with the police, but her cursing under her breath and smacking her phone against the dash board told me she wasn't doing so good, "No signal! Let me drive." She said.

I nodded and she helped me into the back seat. After we were all situated, she went into the driver's seat and pressed on the gas. Nothing, "Great!" Meg scoffed as she turned off the car. "We're stuck here!" She dropped her head on the steering wheel.