[P2] Chapter 47

Christine POV

I know I probably sounds like a whiny white privileged millennial right now but...my life sucks. I literally can't think of anything without going over the list. The list, being the problem people in my life.

I was sitting at my kitchen table staring at my computer screen - which was off - contemplating on my life choices again. This really couldn't be good for my health, but I couldn't afford a therapist even if I wanted to so that's out of the question. Currently I was battling my feelings with Erik, since we are in a half into each other half not into each other mood. Things just haven't been the same since I saw his face - or rather, he lied about his face...and about a crap ton of other things. Being with Erik is too complicated because he lies about everything! I can't get over that he's an adult with his own issues and a complicated past, it's selfish of me to ask him to get over all of that for a minute and really think about what he wants since he has so much to think about too. That kiss we shared in class definitely didn't help anything either.

Whenever I kiss him, part of me thinks about Phillippe and how great kissing him would be. I wondered if he kissed like Raoul. Raoul was a great kisser, and they're brother so they might kiss the same. Well, actually they're step brothers, so maybe not. But Phillippe-

This was my problem, I'm like a girl in some dramatic soap opera where all I think about is guys. I shouldn't be thinking about anyone, only myself, and Meg. That's another thing on the list, Meg. I used to only have to take care of me and my dad, but now that Meg was kicked out of the house she's with me and she needs to start shaping up if she wants to be a mom. I always knew that the two of us would probably end up living together one day, I just didn't think it would be this soon and with a baby. If only my dad was here-

The icing on the cake - where the hell is my father? I've been calling him nonstop for the past two weeks, he's never answered. He's never been gone this long and I'm starting to worry. Though part of me is trying to calm down because dad leaves a lot for work, maybe he's in an area where he can't contact me or something? It's not like him being here would help anything anyway, aside from my piece of mind. He would probably flip at the fact that Meg was here and pregnant, and also Meg would probably slip up and tell him that I was doing the nasty with my music teacher.

So, the list. Feelings for Erik, somewhat feelings for Phillippe, unresolved feelings for Raoul, Meg not only being kicked out but also knocked up, and my missing father. Also I have a paper due in Erik's class. But at this point I'm going to hope I can just kiss him and get an A on that instead, I had no motivation to do that paper at the moment.

I got off the kitchen table and collapsed on the floor. My curly hair covered my face as I crashed it against the cold tiled floor that desperately needed to be cleaned. I guess I was so preoccupied I neglected on the housework.

"Chris?"

I looked up, peeked through my hair and saw Meg, "Hey."

"What are you doing up?" she asked, then yawned.

I used my elbows to lift myself off the floor, then yawned after her, "I couldn't sleep." I confessed.

Since Meg is pregnant I let her sleep on my bed. Our house is actually only a one bedroom, dad just has his room set up in the basement. I had a twin bed and as much as the two of us like to share, we wouldn't bother. Meg tosses and turns in her sleep and I steal the blankets. Also the two of us snore pretty loud. Let's just say if we were a married couple, we would be one of those married couples that had separate bedrooms.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure the couch isn't that great-"

"It's not that," I lied - well, somewhat lied - "I just have a lot on my mind."