Chapter 7

Pharaoh Amun blinked in surprise and lowered his hand. The woman that had been bothering his waking hours had disappeared once again. Amun couldn't shake the fear he'd seen in her eyes when he had touched her. Fear was a good thing for people to experience when they looked at him, but Pharaoh Amun never liked to cause women fear. Women were to be cherished.

The Pharaoh sighed as he returned to his chair and tried to go back to work. The reports laid out before him were dry and held no interest to him. After rereading the same line of text multiple times, Amun motioned to one of the servants that stood quietly waiting to be of use. The servant rushed forward and bowed low before they waited with eyes cast down.

"Go to the temple. I am in need of a priest."

The servant bowed deeply. "Yes, O Glorious Pharaoh."

Pharaoh Amun watched the servant rush away. He moved over to the window that overlooked the courtyard where the women of his court spent most of their time. Several of them saw him and waved at him, imploring him to come and join them.

Amun turned away without acknowledging them. Another woman lay heavily on his mind. He wouldn't rest until he figured out who the woman was that was appearing to him. She was dressed in strange clothes, but he could see that she was a child of his country. Amun prayed that she was real and not the product of a magical incantation used against him by his enemies.

"You summoned me Pharaoh."

Amun turned from where he'd been standing looking down at his work. A priest from the local temple was standing before him.

"Yes, I have need of your wisdom and guidance."