Chapter 5: The Wolf

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr.Tumnus?" I asked.

"They'll have taken him to the witches house. You know what they say. There are few who come out of there." He said.

"Fish and chips?" Mrs. Beaver interrupted, "But there is hope. Right Beaver?" Mr.Beaver spit out his tea.

"Oh yeah there's a right bit more then hope. Aslan's on the move." Mr.Beaver said. There was a little silence in the room until we heard a female voice yelling outside.

"MRS.BEAVER MRS.BEAVER MRS.BEAVER! OOF!" The female voice said as it ran into the door of the dam house. Mrs.Beaver went over and opened the door and a grey wolf ran in passed Mrs.Beaver panicked.

"MRS.BEAVER!" She said looking around for her.

"Yes dear. What is wrong," Mrs.Beaver said making the wolf jump and turn to her.

"There's tree sap on my back and I can't get it off!" She said as she was turning in circles trying to reach the sap.

"Okay, okay hold still," Mrs.Beaver said before getting the sap off the wolves fur, "There." I noticed she had a white section of fur on her back near her tail that looks like a scar from another wolf.

"Thank you," The wolf turned back around and faced where we were sitting. Something about her seems familiar but I don't know what it is. 

"Peter? Is that you? It's me, Brooke." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows together trying to remember that name. " Oh hold on," She said before changing form to a beautiful girl. Then I remembered Brooke Barwin, my best friend in primary school. I smiled remembering her. She smiled back at me.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund interrupted changing our attention to Mr.Beaver.The beaver laughed. 

"Who's Aslan. You cheeky little blighter." Mr.Beaver said still laughing. Mrs.Beaver nudged him making him stop laughing, "You don't know do you?"

"Well we haven't exactly been here very long." I stated.

"Well he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geesar. The real king of Narnia." He explained.

"Hes been away for a while." Mrs.Beaver added.

"But he's just got back. And he's waiting for you at the stone table." Mr.Beaver explained.

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"Your blumin joking they don't even know about the prophecy." He said looking at Mrs.Beaver.

"Well then..." Mrs. Beaver said gesturing towards us.

"Look. Aslans return, Tumnus arrests, the secret police, is all happening because of you." He said.

"Your blaming us?" Susan said.

"No. Not blaming you, thanking you." Mrs.Beaver said.

"There's a prophecy. When Adams flesh and Adams bone, sit at Cair Paravel in throne, as with the spirit of Narnia, the evil time will be over and done."

"You know that doesn't really rhyme," Susan said.

"Yeah I know it don't. But your kinda missing the point."

"It has long been foretold, that two sons of Adam, two daughters of Eve as with protection from the Spirit of Narnia, will defeat the white witch and restore peace to Narnia." Mrs.Beaver said.

"And you think we're the ones?" I asked.

"Well you better be because Aslan's already fitted out your army."