Chapter 2: Professor's House

- Peter's P.O.V. -

"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labled?" Edmund asked looking over the ticket mum has pinned to his coat. We were waiting for Mrs.Macready to pick us up and take us to professer Kirke's house while there was a war in Finchley. A lady in a carriage being pulled by a horse arrived in front of us.

"Mrs.Macready?" I asked.

"Im afraid so," She said, "Is this it then? Haven't you brought anything else?"

"No m'am, it's just us," I replied.

"Small favors."

- Professor's House -

After the long lecture from Mrs.Macready, we all were in the girls room.

"The sheets feel scratchy," Lucy said. I walked over to her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Wars don't last forever Lucy," Susan said to her, " We'll be home soon."

"Yeah if home's still there," Edmund had to say.

"Isn't it time you were in bed?" Spoke Susan, annoyed of the comment Edmund had made.

"Yes mum," He said being smart.

"Ed!" I yelled telling him to stop. "You saw outside, this place is huge. We could do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's Going to be great." I said to Lucy,"Really."

- The Next Day -

- Lucy's P.O.V. -

"Gas-tro-vascular," Susan said reading from the dictionary, "Come on Peter gastrovascular."

"Is it Latin?" Peter asked.

"Yes."

"Is it Latin for the worst game ever invented?" Edmund asked being smart again. Susan got mad and slammed the book shut. I turned around and looked at them.

"We could play hide and seek," I suggested.

"But we're already having so much fun," Peter said sarcastically.

"Come on Peter please," I wined, "Pretty please?"

"1..2..3..4..."

"What?" Edmund said. Not really wanting to play the game.

I ran out the room looking for a place to hide. I ran upstairs and was about to hide behind a curtain when Edmund shoved me out of the way saying he was there first. I just sighed and went to go find a different place to hide. Most of the doors were locked in the hallway except for one.

I opened the door and walked in and noticed there was a big sheet covering something in the back of the room. I slowly walked towards it. I took of the sheet to reveal a wooden wardrobe. It was pretty. I looked back to see if Peter was coming then entered the wardrobe.

As I was moving towards the back of the wardrobe backwards, I felt something prickly touch my hand making me stop. I turned around to see a forrest behind me. Everything was covered in snow. I walked out and admired the scenery.

As I was walking I saw a lamppost. I walked up to it. I heard something behind me and quickly turned and saw nothing. But then I saw a man with a horse body come out. I screamed and hid behind the lamppost. He did the same thing but hid behind the nearby tree. I looked out from the lamppost a few times and made sudden eye contact with the man.

I slowly walked towards him seeing that he has dropped some packages in the snow. I picked one up. The man came out shaking holding his umbrella out.

"Were you hiding from me?" I asked handing the package to him.He took it.

"No," He said, "Well... I - I just um I - I just didn't want to scare you." I laughed a little bit.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you?" I asked.

"Well I'm a faun," He said, " And what about you? You must be some kind of beardless dwarf?"

"I'm not a dwarf. I'm a girl. And actually I'm tallest in my class."

"You mean to say, you are a daughter of eve?"

"Well, my mom's name is Hellen..."

"Yes, yes but, you are in fact human?"

"Yes. Of course." 

The faun looked around.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well.. I was hiding in the wardrobe in the spare room.."

"Spare oom? Is that in Narnia?" The faun interrupted.

"Narnia? What's that?"

"Well dear girl, you're in it. Everything from the lamppost, all the way to Cair Praveal on the eastern ocean," He said, "Every stick and stone you see, every icicle is Narnia."

"This is a big wardrobe."

"Wardrobe? I'm sorry please let me to introduce myself. My name is Tumnus."

"Pleased to meet you Mr.Tumnus. I'm Lucy Pevensie."