Chapter 13: A Sad Walk

*A/N: I'm skipping the conversation in the tent because I can not figure out how to write it. This chapter for some reason was the hardest to write that's why it took me a while and it ended up being short, sorry. And also I will not be updating the rest of the week and also the next week because I am going on vacation and unfortunately our carrier does not have cell service or WiFi up there but I will write it in my notes when I have time so look forward to that at some point.

We walked out of Aslans tent and the witch went back to her throne. Both Aslan and I having depressed looks.

"She has renounced her claim on the Son of Adams blood." Aslan said. Everyone cheered.

"How do I know your promises will be kept?" She asked us. In return Aslan roared while I growled at her making her fall back in her throne. Everyone went back to cheering after as the witch left while I sadly looked at the ground.

I looked at Aslan with my ears down and he looked back at me and gave me an apologetic look. I just looked down and walked underneath his neck, his mane brushing my back. Then I ran to the only place I know where I can hind from everyone. My cave.

- Peter's POV -

I watched as Brooke ran off towards the woods. I was gonna go after her but Susan pulled me back giving me a look to just let her go. I sighed and went back to where Edmund and Lucy were.

- Later that night -

- Brookes POV -

At some time of the day I finally walked back to my tent. Thankfully Peter was training with Orieus when I came back so he didn't notice me. I don't want him to see me like this.

Aslan came into my tent and told me it was time to go. I walked out with him, still in wolf form, and into the woods on our way to the stone table. As we were walking in silence we both had sensed that someone was following us. We stopped.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" Aslan asks turning to them. I look back and see it's Susan and Lucy.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy said.

"Please Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked.

"We would be glad of the company for a while. Thank you." Aslan said. Lucy went on e side of Aslan while Susan walked next to me. I didn't say anything. When we got closer Aslan spoke again.

"It is time. From here I must go on alone." He said stopping.

"But Aslan-" Susan spoke.

"I'm sorry. And Brooke, you must go too," he said. I looked up at him. I didn't want to leave him. "You have to trust me as for this must be done. Thank you Susan. Thank you Lucy and farewell." He said before turning back around.

Before he could go any further I changed form to human then ran up and hugged him around his neck. He stopped again and leaned into me a little bit.

"I love you." I said into his mane.

"I love you too. Be safe." He said. I let go and watched him leave before changing back to wolf and running off to my hideaway cave where I slept overnight.