Chapter 16- The summer ball

Her body was limp against the old tree, her eyes staring straight into mine as if she was coaxing me to her. My legs moved on their own: my pace slow and steady as if I was approaching a wild rabbit. The wind blew viciously, shaking the tree some more. Closer and closer to the trees got all i felt was pain. My hand touched the old bark as screams of fallen men and women screamed at me. "Set our souls free, set your soul free: Angelica be free." The souls sang out before they screamed in pain of their souls being tortured. Tears fell from my eyes that looked like the corse's eyes beside me. Pain captured my body before being me to my knees.

A warm hand caressed my shoulder: pulling me away from the pain. "Are you alright my love." His strong Irish accent roughly pulling me away from the girl. "Sir can you not hear their cries." I cry. His green eyes flash with pain as he finally takes in the old oak and her torture. "My dear I can always hear them." The pain clear in his voice. My eyes widen at him. He can hear them. "Always." My quiet voice broke out. He smiles. "Always and forever." Shock and pain radiates through me at those words. "Always and forever, till our curse comes to an end." I say back.

The once bare field that only held the colour green was now filled with metal tables and chairs. Each table had a fresh white cloth laid across them: Brightening the green field up. The maids including my good friend Maddison ran around offering guests food that our cooks had made. Fresh meat from the hunt earlier was scattered across tables as the guest devoured each taking. My mother's grey eyes seemed brighter as she conversed with the king and his new wife Jane Seymour. Our annual summer ball had started.