Chapter 25- Buried alive

The mud swallowed me taking time with it. I was running out of it. Darkness consumed me as the air was knocked out of me slowly. I knew this feeling well; I wasn't going to lose this time. I will take time back.

I fell and fell into the darkness of the hole that swallowed me, my soul leaving me once again. Time ticked loudly in my head. My body slapped against a rock leaving behind a bruise that I was so accustomed too. Moving my aching body on the flat surface of the rock. Each movement I made caused my body to scream in pain but I need to break free. Time was running out fast.

The constricting on my lungs tighten making me gasp for air, my hands automatically found their way to my throat. I clawed at my throat as the air was finally leaving. I had to get out before I was buried alive. My feet found the flat surface. I pushed my self up reaching up high till my hands felt the wet mud above me. I dug the mud away with my hands. The mud was harder then I had thought. I dug faster as my nails clawed at the mud frantically.

The grime of the mud was the least of my problems as the ticking got louder.

Light blinded me as I pulled my aching body up out of my grave. My lungs burnt as I took in new air. Hunched over on all fours coughing up blood and mud as my body tried to remove mother nature's fury. I opened my eyes to see the opening, I pushed my body further then ever as I took off.

The green grass beneath my feet told me I was free from the forsaken forest. The castle stood proud on the hill awaiting my arrival.

Time still ticked away as I climbed up the hill my feet aching from the cuts and bruises I had adjured.