Chapter 6- The Grand Ball

We scattered around the main hall making sure the wooden floors shone brightly, ready for the grand shoes of fine ladies and gentleman to dance the night away. I love our balls, the smell of sugary treats and the sweet music that our orchestra plays. I stood in the empty hall imagining the night. The ladies dresses in so many colours from dark reds to greens. Our balls are always the talk of the town, everyone wants an invite but only the rich may come.

"Angelica!" My mother shouted. You cannot be late to these things, mother wouldn't approve. I turned to leave the hall. "I see your mother isn't one for tardiness." My heart pounded in my chest, my hand become sweaty I felt as if my air was leaving me. "Yes mother doesn't like her daughter to be late or not looking presentable." His mouth lifted up a little at the corner as if he was amused.
"Well I shouldn't keep up for long." His green eyes flashed with a challenge.
"Your majesty I would love to stand here all day in your presence but I am afraid if I don't leave now mother will be mad." One last look over his posture I ventured of to my chambers.

"Angelica I shouted you ages ago, you know I don't like tardiness!" Mother often rambles on about how useless I am of a daughter.
"King Ronan was asking me about our balls." I smiled hoping she wouldn't punish me. Her grey eyes bored into my dark brown ones. "The king spoke to you? That's very unlikely my child." Shaking her head as she pulls out a golden gown. Taking it into my shaking hands before she turns on her heels stalking out of my chambers.

The music played a lovely melody as hundreds of guest bounced on the once clean floor. My eyes scanned the room for one gentleman in particular. Green eyes that shone bright like lanterns in the night, his dark red hair was pulled back in a fancy way, his broad physic was something the young unmarried women to be spying on. Our eyes locked. It was as if the whole room had stopped. My heart beat picked up, my hands became wet, and my mind suddenly came flooding with memories of this man.

"Angelica my love runaway with me."
"I would love too but me a peasant  girl running away with a noble boy."
"I love you. Please Angelica runaway with me, we can be together forever without hiding." His green eyes flashing with promise and hope. She smiles at the boy in front of her, she knew no matter what they were meant to be....
"Ronan!" The golden locks girl cried. The over grown forest had eaten the young children up; separating them from each other.
"Angelica!" He shouted. He needed his love. The forbidden forest was miles long but he knew the men would find them.
Howls could be heard throughout the forest, the screams of the children calling one another echoed. The men came closer to one....

Screams of the young boy was heard from his love she ran towards the sound, her legs pumped faster and faster till the sight she saw made her sick. The red head boy lay there in blood from his wounds. The dogs had mauled him alive taking chucks of his flesh away. She looked at him love still shining in her eyes.
"Ronan, I love you forever and always." Their eyes met one last time.

I saw the king heading towards me before everything went black.