Chapter 19- Mothers Accusations

Mother dragged me all the way back to Oak tree manor. People would stop and stare at us but no one intervened. It was common for folk to drag their children around as a way of discipline. Maddison would tell me tales of how parents would throw their children out if they didn't contribute money or time into the household. They even had daughters hung or burned alive because they were worthless to them. I do not dare to think what my fate will be. My mother could be ruthless if she wanted.

The old wood of our manor met my face as i crumbled to the floor. My body smashing roughly. "You child are a drab. You've seduced the king of Ireland." Her heart shaped face was red with anger as she struck me across the face. "I won't have a drab in my family!" She roared. Father and James entered the door way where mother had me pinned. Her hands held tightly onto my dress: squeezing the air away. "Filthy worthless child, you waste this beauty I bestowed upon you." Envy was her sin.

Black spots danced around my eyes blocking out the faces of people yelling for my mother to stop. Her grip tighten. She was going to end my life. My soul was destined to die this time it was my turn and if it was by own mother then so be it. I will hold on to the memory of Ronan until my last breath. His red hair danced its way towards me like it was guiding me through the inevitable. I felt my soul leaving the vessel people called a body. Darkness was soon falling around me wanting to take me.

I open my eyes one last time to see her hateful grey ones staring at me. "Darling release our daughter." My father pleaded. He was a Duke but he could never rule over mother. He was pathetic when it came to her. Madly in love with her outer beauty; he never saw her as the true monster she is. "Why should i we both know she worthless." Her voice low and angry as her sin took over. "The Greenwood girls are not worthless my dear you are strong beautiful women." His dark brown eyes shining with love for the women in front of him. "Greenwood or not this child must pay for her sins." I could feel her nails digging into my neck as the last bit of my soul danced within.