"Vadik we need to talk." I see Tristan walk towards his Alpha.

"Your skin is so soft!"

"I heard you're a mermaid. Is that true?"

"Can you turn into a mermaid?"

"What do you eat?"

"Ah... yes? Fish..." the women laugh and they welcome me into a broad room in the house.

"What's your name sugar?" A curvaceous woman with tan skin and dark hair asks.

"I do not have one."

"Then we can just call you Luna, since you're our Luna." A piercing feeling tugs at my chest but I Dismissed it just as quickly.

"Your Luna?" One woman takes my hair into her hand and strokes it.

"You have much to learn darling. My name is Annalise. I will be your... caregiver. Anything you want, or would like to know, ask me." Another woman kindly smiles, warm brown eyes looking back at me with so much emotion... that I do not have. The wrinkles around her eyes helps to enhance her emotions. I wonder how those wrinkles will look when I sink my teeth into her flesh.

"I know that look. If I wasn't so sure I'd say you want to eat me." She laughs and her voice fills the room. Others here join her and I open my mouth to do the same. Breathing hard air out of your mouth to laugh is harder than it seems.

"You reek of sea water so let's get you into a bath. The alpha has instructed us to teach you about our history and the modern world." They guide me to yet another room with a bathtub in the middle of it. A very bright room, light shines in through the open windows.

I scrunch up my nose at the smell of unnatural elements. "Oh dear do you not like the smell in here?" Annalise asks as she starts to fill the bath with water.

"No, what is it."

"Mainly bleach, detergent, the normal chemicals." I growl at the mention of that word. I heard it once from humans by a polluted bay. Ocean life was dead there.

"Is it not to your liking?" She guides me into the bath and begins to wash my body with the help of the other girls.

"No. It is not."

"Well then my Luna, it will have to due for now."

"Why ask me if that is your response?" Annalise lets out a ghastly laugh and locks eyes with my own.

"Because you are not one of us as of right now. An outsider. You may be our Luna but you are not my Luna. You know nothing, a filthy creature of the sea. I won't try to appease you're every whim and I won't be your servant."

"Then I have no use for you, do I?" I Sit up in the bathtub and I grab the back of her neck. My claws dig into her flesh and I push her down into the water with me. I watch her body flare and jerk, her screams  making the water bubble.

If she wants to live, she must do more than this. I feel her try to bite at my legs and I smile at the feeling. She will be dead soon.

I watch the other girls in the room do nothing but wait with me. And as her last breath left her, her body ceased its struggle. I bring her up and throw her to the ground. The other girls watch her body fall then turn their attention to me.

"The two of you, go ahead, take her body. You can continue her task." I talk to the curvaceous woman and she stepped forward as the other two leave with the body.

"Our Alpha is not going to be happy, sugar."

"Why is that?"

"You killed one of our own."

"I do not understand."

"We do not kill each other. In this pack, we are a family. Family looks out for each other, helps each other, fights for each other."

"If that is so, why did you not stop me? There were three of you in this room. Three could easily overpower one." She looks down, I can see it in her eyes that she is upset with herself.

"You are our Luna, whatever you say; goes, whatever you do; we respect."

"But you do not like what I have done."

"It is what it is, Luna. That is how our society works." Silence followed after that. I had nothing to say and it seemed she didn't either. Instead of speaking further, she finished washing me, and helped me out of the tub. Readying a fluffy white towel to wrap around my body in.

"Unfortunately we've yet to get clothes for you Luna. I apologize. Some of the girls have gone to buy you a wardrobe. Until they come back the Alpha has instructed for us to dress you in his clothes." She hands me a folded pile of clothes. I take it with a head nod and she leaves the room.

"Why are you standing there?" I ask him. He smiles and walks to me. Placing a kiss on my head.

"I heard what you did."

"That was quick."

"Werewolves have a shared telepathic link. Through it we can all talk to each other. There's not one thing that goes on that I do not know of."

"How interesting." He takes the clothes from my hands and helps me change into them. He's so delicate with me. It is as if he thinks I will break.

"Are you upset with me?"

"Yes. Annalise was one of the women that took care of me when I was younger. She is family. Just like everyone else. I may be ruthless outside of this pack, but I will do anything in my power to protect this pack. This pack, the people, they're my family, and now they're yours. You need to protect them as I do. What you did was unacceptable, and to others, unforgiving. But you didn't know. That's why you will learn. Are you up for that?" He touches my hair and caresses my chin.

"Yes I am." He smiles down at me and takes me with him downstairs. Everyone is gathered for a meal it seems. They look at me with sadness in their eyes. I am compelled to apologize and a flash of maybe my past life? -goes through my mind. A sequence of images and feelings of sadness, a woman crying and a man fuming with anger. I do not remember the instance when this occurred. But my memory of my past life is coming back to me. Realizing that I feel a deep sting in the depths of my frozen heart, my mind... my body does not want to remember this past life. I do not, but the more I am on land, the more I will remember.

"I am sorry for what I have done." The tension in the room seems to diminish somewhat. I watch as faces turn from scorn to understanding.

I look at Vadik and he directs a smile at me, "let's eat everyone."

-

I'm updated againnnn ahhhh. Semester of uni is over. Trying to catch up on updates. How was this chapter? It's pretty short but much needed. She has a lot to learn. I still don't know who can possibly play her but if you have suggestions let me know in the comments!!

Happy holidays everyone!