Chapter 4: The Cursed Doll

Start from the beginning

"Well, he works in the city far away. He left the town before you were even born, taking his family with him but later he sent his family back here but he still lives there."

"Why didn't he come back?" I ask with widened eyes, probably their family would be lonely without him like when I am when my daddy's not around.

"Honey city's life is a bit different from here Mr. Adams family didn't like it their so he decided to send them back a month ago but he couldn't come back himself because he has work there to look after. But he will be visiting his family often now."

"Why did he go there?"

"Well he has a big responsibility to take care so he went to the city to work hard for his family like daddy works hard for us in the woods and travel to the city, just like that."

"Mommy I want to work hard too!"

"You will daddy's princess." daddy comes pinching my cheek. "Can we now have some lunch, honey? I'm starving really."

"Let's get your bad princess showered first," Mommy says taking me to the bath area while daddy mocks behind her and I giggle.

~~~

"Don't start running Sarah and Maria!" mama says, holding our hands while daddy is paying the carriage man for our ride.

"Let's run to the first house on the street and see who wins," Maria whispers in my ear and I nod in agreement, excitedly. "On the count of three" she mouths.

1

2

3

We both pull our hands from mama's grasp and run towards the house while I could hear mama shouting from behind but all I care was to win. We both were on equal lines, trying hard to step forth from one another. I was trying to catch my breath.

Almost there.

I hit the wall of the house with my extended hands.

"I reached first!" I look to my side and Maria's breathing was also in rage.

"No, I did!"

"I did!" we started to quarrel when mama picked me up while daddy picked up Maria.

"Okay now be good girls you both," Daddy says, looking at both of us. "We're meeting a very good and an old friend, you would want them to like you so they would treat you with chocolates." Both I and Maria perked up after listening about the chocolates. "But the reward is only if you behave well" we both nodded, excitedly.

Daddy goes to the front door of the same house and knocks on the door and a small boy opens the door on the second knock.

"Mommy! Daddy! The guests are here!" he grins, excitedly. Mama puts me down on the ground and I look at him.

Oh. No.

The brat looks back at me.

We both blinking at each other.

The atmosphere turns dark, Thunder cracks from above. We both stare at each other with a death glare. Blood flooding up to my eyes, foam coming out of his mouth.

Okay, I'm exaggerating.

"What's with this gloomy aura?" Maria jumps in between the both of us. I can hear his parents greeting my parents in the background.

From the entire town does it had to be his father? Errr...

My daddy's best friend with the brat's father! Errrrrr...