Chapter Twenty-Seven;

Author's Note: The italics is a flashback.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jensen

One month later.

Thankfully, one of the many perks of being somewhat of a celebrity was being able to afford a really good lawyer. Like the kind you see in television shows threatening to rip the plaintiff a new asshole. And with an ass-ripping good lawyer came the sped up process of trying to gain custody of my daughter.

Some days were easier than others to wrap my head around the fact that I was a father. Other days I wanted to bang my head against the wall and take it all back. It couldn't believe that out of all the women I had been with over the years – the one I wanted absolutely nothing to do with happened to fall pregnant.

Trying to be as civil as possible for the sake of my relationship and for my daughter, Danneel had suggested the idea of joint custody. After weighing the pros and cons with Y/N, we agreed that it would be the more ideal situation for all of us.

"My client would like to have a fifty-fifty custody agreement," the young man stated from across the table; his baby face shining in the bright light of the office. "But she will still be seeking out child support."

"There is no need for child support," I stated, keeping my eyes straight and avoiding glancing in the direction that I knew Dee was sitting in, most likely with her coy little smirk. "I am willing to cover all expenses retaining to Justice Jay."

"All expenses?" Danneel's shrill voice washed over me. "You are willing to pay for all of her expenses."

Nodding, I made sure to say my next sentence slowly. "Yes, but with conditions."

"What kind of conditions?"

Unfolding the paper that I had prepared several days ago, with the help of my lawyer, I slid it across the table so that the pair of them could review it while I explained vaguely what I meant. "Meaning I will cover things like the essentials; school expenses, doctors' appointments and the transportation that will get her to and from my house."

The young looking lawyer shifted in his seat, sliding the paper closer to Dee. "And what about the child support needed during pregnancy and the last three years of Justice's life?"

"For that I am more than willing to go to public court, but after consulting with Gerald," I answered, slowly nodding in the direction of the older man sitting next to me. "We have decided that there is no reason for me to pay for those things because I was unaware of the child to begin with."

"But - "

I raised a single finger towards the rag-tag pair across from me. "If you look at the birth certificate, you will see that I am not listed as the father."

"The DNA test proves otherwise."

Not being able to stop my smile, I made sure to direct my tone and attention towards Danneel. "I have a witness who is willing to show proof that the pregnancy was assumed to have not carried past nine weeks."

There was a scoff from her. "Gen would never do that."

"Really? You really think that you are that good of a friend?" I was almost laughing at her enraged expression, but decided to keep my composure. "Tell me, when was the last time that you called her asking for something that wasn't going to benefit you."

Just like I had expected, she remained gravely quiet.

"Now, if we could please continue, I have a date tonight that I really can't miss."