Chapter Ten;

Chapter Ten

After securing yourselves in the privacy of Jensen's childhood room, you turned to face him, trying to wrap your head around everything. He had perched himself on the edge of the bed, a bed that you might add was looking like it could barely hold one person – let alone two.

"Who the fuck invites an ex-girlfriend over for a family dinner?" You asked, feeling angry for him.

You were pacing back and forth in front of Jensen, an action that you seemed to be doing more and more. He wasn't looking at you though, instead he had his hands in front of his face and they were dragging heavily down his chin.

"Like I told you," he grumbled. "It's all about southern hospitality."

"That's bull shit."

He offered you a shrug, but you could tell that this was really bothering him. Stopping your pacing, you took a calming breath and went to go and sit down next to him. The bed sunk under your combined weight, giving a small groan with the aging springs. It was clear that Momma Ackles hadn't changed anything about his room, even after he made a name for himself in Hollywood.

"So," you started, glancing over at him briefly, ignoring how badly you wanted to poke around his room. "What do I need to know about this Danneel?"

He groaned loudly, his hand covering his mouth still, but the moment it had been removed, his tongue took its place running along his bottom lip. You stared at it attentively before he stood up. "Did you even watch the stupid interview? You know the one where I got fucking plastered afterwards."

Ah, yes, that was a conversation you had been avoiding a bit.

"To be honest, I try and avoid google as best I can when it comes to us."

A bitter laugh came out of Jensen. The man that had been on the plane was not the man walking in circles in front of you. "Well count yourself lucky then."

"Jensen," you cautiously spoke towards him, trying to ease the strain in the room. Both of you being angry right now probably wouldn't help when it came time to have dinner. "Can you just tell me what I need to know. Please."

"She's a whore," he spat out. "She is the kind of girl that will spread her legs at the first mention of a television show. Or better yet, if you're a director she'll give it up even quicker."

The harshness of his words surprised you. You didn't have to guess what happened in their relationship for him to speak ill of her like that. It was the kind of act that could make or break a person's view on love. The kind of thing that would make someone want to just bed every man or woman they came in contact with.

Without thinking, you suddenly stood up and reached a hand across the space between the two of you. Your hand came in contact with his more than solid bicep before sliding down the length of Jensen's arm, you felt the warmth of his skin before coming in contact with his calloused hand; you intertwined your fingers with his.

"Jay?" You spoke quietly to him, when he turned his full attention on you, there was nothing but anger in those beautiful green eyes of his. "She fucked up, not you."

The hatred in his eyes seemed to ease up some, but you could tell his mind was still reeling. If he was anything like you, you knew that his thoughts were probably still circling around that one memory in particular. The one that made him so icy towards all the possible relationships that you had seen splattered so violently across the internet.

It was probably the same memory that caused him to bring you home that night.

"Kiss me," you blurted out quickly.