Chapter Eleven;

Chapter Eleven

"Oh, good," Momma poked her head in from around the corner. If you had to take a wild guess, you figured that would be where the dining room was located. "I was starting to think we would have to send someone else up there to get the two of ya."

You couldn't help, but blush at her words.

Jensen tore his harsh gaze away from Danneel, giving your hand a small squeeze before letting go and heading over in his mother's direction. "Ma, no amount of lovin' could keep me away from your fried chicken."

Now you knew your cheeks were flaming.

You didn't have to look to know that Danneel had her sights on you, probably tearing you apart to pieces in her mind, just like you were sure every girl did when another picture was posted of you and Jensen together. Instead of pretending like she didn't exist, you turned towards her and offered up the biggest smile you could manage.

"Oh, Danneel, right?" You asked, taking a step closer while extending your hand in her direction. "I'm Y/N."

She eyeballed your hand like the simple gesture would transform into a rabid dog that was out to bite her. Cautiously, you noticed her dark burgundy eyes wander to where Jensen was standing with his mother in quiet conversation.

"Yeah," was all she said before flipping his hair behind her shoulder. If you didn't know any better, you could guess that this night was going to go something like a scene from a popular teen girl rom com. "I know who you are."

"Then you know that I'm Jensen's girlfriend."

Her thin lips formed into a sly looking smirk. She stole another glance at Jensen's direction while Mackenzie walked into the dining room with what looked like several dark pieces of cloth. "Only for now."

Something bubbled in your chest at her words. "Excuse me?"

That little smile didn't leave her face, "You're just going to be like the rest of them. Jay will only keep you around until you bore him."

In that moment, Jensen was at your side. "Y/N," he said breathlessly like he had rushed to get to you. You saw him from your peripherals, looking from you to Danneel then back – it was like he was trying to read what had already been said in the quiet between us. "Table's all set."

Danneel stood up so slow that even you got a good shot of her cleavage before she went sashaying her hips into the other room. Not the kind of person to resort to violence, you were getting really close to launching yourself at her and pulling a scene out of Mean Girls where you just went all animal kingdom on her smug, irrelevant face.

"Hey," Jensen's voice came through the storm cloud of fury that was raging in your head. "Remember to keep that war face strong."

Your head whipped over to look him, his eyes searching you carefully while his fingers gripped your chin lightly, making sure that you couldn't look anywhere but at him. Despite the way your insides were twisting at having to break bread with that woman, you cracked a small grin. "Are you using my words against me?"

He shrugged, releasing you from his grasp, but keeping his eyes on you cautiously. "Am I really using it against you if it's sound advice to begin with?"

"Wow, Ackles."

After another careful smile was shared between the two of you, he reached down and grabbed your hand before playfully dragging you along to the dining room. The long, rectangular table had been set with something similar to wedding china; the kind that was white with specs of dark blue and gold, tall glasses filled to the brim with what looked like iced tea and the food was plated throughout the middle.